• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at UAB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Wednesday, June 29th.  7:00PM on BH HD1147

I believe this is the game Andre Hall had around 275 yards.  Can't wait to watch.

• Content Count:  1,433

Wednesday, June 29th.  7:00PM on BH HD1147

I believe this is the game Andre Hall had around 275 yards.  Can't wait to watch.

Correct...I was one of the 46 Bulls fans and 2,026 people there.  Heavy rains...Wednesday night game.  Good times on the Bull history trail.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I remember watching that, fortunately from the comfort of my couch.

That was the game in which they gave away thousands upon thousands of tickets for reasons of TV and whoever bit got drenched.

• Content Count:  1,797

Large man Ruben Studdard performed at halftime, but the real show was Dre. It was a good payback game.

Normal

Guest nybullsfan

I can recall this game, but what season was it from?

11/22/2003 in Tampa, USF 19 - UAB 22

11/3/2004 in Birmngham, USF 45 - UAB 20

The 2004 UAB game was my first ever! I'd just moved back to the States that summer after 14 years overseas, and was channel flipping up in NY when the announcer said, "And the USF Bulls score another touchdown!"

I'm like WTF?!?!?!?!?!  Since when does USF have football?!?!?!?

LOL

If anybody has (or can make) a DVD of this game, I'll pay you for it. Nostalgia, and all that...

• Content Count:  39

Large man Ruben Studdard performed at halftime, but the real show was Dre. It was a good payback game.

Normal

Normal, I was there too ..... my memory is a little different. I think Ruben Studdard had preformed at the previous UAB home game, where 25-30k people showed up, and left after halftime, everyone was talking about it at the USF game. At the USF game, there were only about 1000 people in the 80k seat stadium, when the monsoon rains started, everyone moved up to row 75 ish to be under the upper deck and stay dry.

I could be wrong, but Ruben was a big draw back then, and I am 99% sure he was not at our game.

• Content Count:  39

Normal

Normal, I was there too ..... my memory is a little different. I think Ruben Studdard had preformed at the previous UAB home game, where 25-30k people showed up, and left after halftime, everyone was talking about it at the USF game. At the USF game, there were only about 1000 people in the 80k seat stadium, when the monsoon rains started, everyone moved up to row 75 ish to be under the upper deck and stay dry.

I could be wrong, but Ruben was a big draw back then, and I am 99% sure he was not at our game.

http://uabsports.cstv.com/genrel/072803aaa.html

FYI - I found the link I was talking about - but it doesn't match my memory either.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Normal

eyewitness testimony not every reliable

usf has been looking for the next hall ever since

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for posting.  Will set in on my DVR.

Archived