• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN blogger: Rays need to get out of Tampa Bay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

The worst part about all this is that die hard fans like myself get a bad wrap because there simply aren't enough of us.

I have Lightning season tickets, go to 1 or 2 Bucs games a season, and make it to about 5 Rays games a year (I live on the East Coast of Florida during the summer), yet I get looked down upon by people from the Northeast because of the teams I cheer for.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Apis. Have you ever been to NYC? 19 million people is about 8,000 square miles. Don't cite the 18 million people. Tampa is 3 mil over 2500 square miles.

New York City has 8 million people located in 301 square miles.

There is no real parking by either venue. No easy access.

So there are no subway stops near either stadium?

The fact is the average ticket price is around 3 times the average ticket price of a Rays game.

Yankees are the most storied sports franchise in the history of this country ... Money should be no object.

Saying NY area baseball doesn't do well is absurd. The Yankees sell out on weekends. The Mets have had over 30,000 their last 8 games.

8 million people ... 300 square miles ... Not even ONE season during the past ten, a World Series ring included, where they were at 100% capacity ... Philly did it, Minnesota did it, Boston does it on a regular basis (granted a smaller stadium), San Francisco did it and none with the density advantage NYC has.

The Rays have several issues, and it's not fair to say their fanbase doesn't care. Based on those.

Exactly ... just like NY apparently has "issues".

That being said, pulling New York in is stupid.

Not really .... TB isn't pulling fans in the way they should and neither is NY.

i do not bring up ny, you do.

I bring it up because most areas have their problems and issues, even God's gift to professional sports, NY ...

i know is not even in same galaxy when it comes to sports towns.  you do too.

Circumstances are nowhere even remotely near equal between the two areas but I agree in the hierarchy of sports cities, NY is way up the ladder ... but obviously not the top rung. Bottom line, if it somehow makes you feel warm and fuzzy to constantly harp on this area, go for it .... because maybe NY isn't top dog with their butts in seats support but they're always **** close up there in the running of the mouth department.  :D

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

It didn't help when they pass up a local player like Mike Jenkins for a thug like Talib.  Moves like that **** people off.

Nobody who is a Bucs fan but not a USF fan (that is to say, pretty much all Bucs fans) gives a **** that Mike Jenkins went to college in Tampa. Jenkins hasn't exactly lit it up in Dallas.

Take out the part about him being from USF and STILL I know many non USF fans who root for the bucs who were extremely disappointed in that pick with Jenkins on the board.  Everyone knew Talib was a problem child and it would only be a matter of time before he basically thugged his way out of the NFL.  Contrast to Jenkins who was rated very highly as well and DIDN'T HAVE THE BAGGAGE plus had the local bit going for him as well. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008

Look who was the next CB off the board.  Jenkins 5 picks later.

As for Jenkins not doing well?  He's done pretty darn good over there actually and will prove out the better choice when he's still on the field in Dallas while our pick is in court.  Even if the Bucs didn't go CB, look at the RBs that were still available.  Any of which we definitely needed.

Saying NY area baseball doesn't do well is absurd.

this, these guys sound like jose baez 

LOL ... I just found out who you were refering to there ... Maybe I should call you "Hermione" instead of "Herm".  :D

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

LOL ... I just found out who you were refering to there ... Maybe I should call you "Hermione" instead of "Herm".  :D

WHo wouldve known he would get that POS off.  I dont get the Hermione though.  Im sure its funny

WHo wouldve known he would get that POS off.  I dont get the Hermione though.  Im sure its funny

It's a chick name, Herm ... They're the only people I know that closely followed that thing .... or maye I should say, admitted to closely following it. Please tell me you don't watch Nancy Grace, too??

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It's a chick name, Herm ... They're the only people I know that closely followed that thing .... or maye I should say, admitted to closely following it. Please tell me you don't watch Nancy Grace, too??

i dont know if this is bad but i dont even know who Nancy Grace is. 

I watch the news, they talked about it a lot.  I also admittedly watched the whole day of closing arguments (really all you needed to see).  So I got to know who Jose Baez is.  He was more convincing than the prosecution and made better points but it was so obvious she did it.  I dont know how she got off on all counts but lying to police. 

I thought your joke was gonna be funny but it wasnt.  I give it a C minus. 

i dont know if this is bad but i dont even know who Nancy Grace is. 

Probably a good thing ...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Stuart made the bay area look like a bunch of clueless southern trailer trash jackasses. He proved his point by giving free tickets to a game. Didn't hear any complaints about the distants or location. I really hope they move to a community that would that appreciate them.

Archived