• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterback Nick Patti

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Floyd is 6'2" and Bobby is 6'5".....All of the O-line men we have coming in this fall are 6'3" and over...Moreover we do not run a spread offense anymore. I'm not quite sure why all of a sudden we offer a kid who is under 6 foot...If you want a real dual threat check out Faton Bauta. That kid is a manimal and he's not short.

He's considered one of the best QB's in the state, also it seems no one here has heard of things called, passing lanes.

If it were as simple as you seem to think it is, there would be way more successful quarterbacks under six feet tall. There have been some in college (and like three in the NFL in the past 25 years), but not many. I don't think you really understand what passing lanes means.

Because he's 5'11 he doesn't fit the system? Wow! 

Have you actually read anything anyone said? Because not one person made that argument. They made the argument that he's a spread quarterback, and USF does not run a spread offense anymore.

I understand perfectly what passing lanes mean's, they are the reason that every QB doesn't have to be a 6'4" to see the field effectively.  Thanks for building that strawman of an argument though.  Also we run a multi-formation offense that utilizes quite a bit of spread elements and is no stranger to the shotgun either.  With BJ being 100% healthy and having his quickness and acceleration look for us to use that, just like we would with a kid like Patti.  Also since the kid has an offer i guess that pretty much dispels the myth that "he doesn't fit the system", well unless of course you want to argue that Holtz likes to recruit kids that "don't fit the system" or that possibly you are better judge of what kind of player "fits the sytem" than Skip himself.   

Very good points Cribbo, another thing, Skip collaborates with each of his position Coaches before an offer goes out to a specific position. So the kid got the OK from Vaas too which is why he is offered. A big reason why Reno Henderson isn't considered a commit is because Shank hasn't seen him in person and they won't take the commit until Shank gives the OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,079

Just commited to Boise State. According to what Coach Peterson told him, He was their number 1 target at QB and weren't going to offer anyone else until he decided.

http://boisestate.scout.com/2/1071741.html

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

That's good for Patti, I've heard he's a gamer. I'll just be happy if Holtz can pull any of these 3 QB prospects (Faton Bauta, Bennie Coney, Tyler Cameron). I really like Bennie, but I've read he favors FSU and Auburn for now.

• Content Count:  622

That's good for Patti, I've heard he's a gamer. I'll just be happy if Holtz can pull any of these 3 QB prospects (Faton Bauta, Bennie Coney, Tyler Cameron). I really like Bennie, but I've read he favors FSU and Auburn for now.

FSU has several QBs ahead of Coney at this point.. especially Winston and Kelly.

Archived