• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The coolest rumor I hope comes true.

FutureUSFstudent

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

So I have been hearing from a couple of campus friends that there is something going through SG that will try and convert the outside of the water tower into a rock climbing wall. I don't know how tall the water tower is itself but the worlds tallest rock climbing wall iis 121 feet and I don't know if the water tower would qualify as the worlds tallest because A) No one seems to know how tall it really is and B) It's a water tower. It sounds like a cool idea and there seems to be repels on the tower already for a new paint job on the logo.

On second thought, it might now even be possible. Neat idea though.

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know about that but I do know that Matt Diaz (Newly elected SG President) has a 10 year plan for an on campus stadium he is going to try to start implementing.

• Content Count:  260

I know the Rock Climbing Club has been trying pretty hard for an on campus climbing wall. I don't see it being the complete height of the water tower, though.

I know the Rock Climbing Club has been trying pretty hard for an on campus climbing wall. I don't see it being the complete height of the water tower, though.

I don't see it going over the angle at the top of the tower either, but it would be a neat record for the school to have. Does anyone know the actual height of the tower?

• Content Count:  2,923

Sounds like a risk management nightmare.

Guest nybullsfan

Back in the 80's, we used to get the ROTC folks to set up rappelling down the side for the Engineering Building during the Expo. I doubt if that still goes on (due to the liability) but it sure was fun.

• Content Count:  9,038

hmmm

• Content Count:  4,642

I don't know about that but I do know that Matt Diaz (Newly elected SG President) has a 10 year plan for an on campus stadium he is going to try to start implementing.

i hope his plan involves getting more people to purchase season tickets, because that's the only thing holding this project up; we can't afford it... YET!

Archived