• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marcelo Bonani

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Hmm, so, it's OK for Skip to pull scholarship offers from some players, but, he's a hero when he honors the scholarships of others? Hey, I am not against it, just get sick of reading about how Skip is so far above and beyond some other coaches (Leavitt) every time a positive article is written about him.

Carry on...

Who did Skip pull a Schollie from? Not sure I follow. I know Carnes and Bellamy last year but they were not Skip's recruits. I know of the one kid this year.....Atkins I want to say, who commited and we came back and told him we would have to "greyshirt" him....he decided to sign with Western Michigan instead. Not familiar with any schollies being pulled.

I'll give you a hint - his name is in the title of this thread.

At least according to the linked article, Marcelo committed to USF his sophomore year in high school.  Now someone more knowledgeable than I as it relates to our recruiting (which is practically anyone on this board) could shed some light on if potentially the article misstated his status.  I.E. perhaps he had been "dreaming" of coming to USF since his sophomore year - it would certainly seem reckless to offer a kicker a scholarship in his sophomore year, but that is what the linked article said.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hmm, so, it's OK for Skip to pull scholarship offers from some players, but, he's a hero when he honors the scholarships of others? Hey, I am not against it, just get sick of reading about how Skip is so far above and beyond some other coaches (Leavitt) every time a positive article is written about him.

Carry on...

Who did Skip pull a Schollie from? Not sure I follow. I know Carnes and Bellamy last year but they were not Skip's recruits. I know of the one kid this year.....Atkins I want to say, who commited and we came back and told him we would have to "greyshirt" him....he decided to sign with Western Michigan instead. Not familiar with any schollies being pulled.

I'll give you a hint - his name is in the title of this thread.

At least according to the linked article, Marcelo committed to USF his sophomore year in high school.  Now someone more knowledgeable than I as it relates to our recruiting (which is practically anyone on this board) could shed some light on if potentially the article misstated his status.  I.E. perhaps he had been "dreaming" of coming to USF since his sophomore year - it would certainly seem reckless to offer a kicker a scholarship in his sophomore year, but that is what the linked article said.

Well then, Skip would not be out of line with his comments last week, because if Bonani "commited" his sophmore year.....then he would have been a Leavitt recruit. Skip already did this with Adaris Bellamy last year so I don't see why anyone would expect something different. Skip said if he gave his word....then he would honor it. He obviously didn't offer this kid a schollie so Orlando Bull you can't say he want back on his word.

Another side note.....why was Leavitt offering so many Schollies to Kickers? We had 4 on scholarship last season. I am sure when Skip heard about this....he just shook his head thinking "What were they doing?!?"

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Bottom line is that if he was that good he wouldn't be with FAU, we would have taken him and we would have red shirted him. 

• Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Carry on...

Kid didn't commit to Skip, for what that is worth.  Most powerful man has left the building, so Marcelo is off to FAU.

I know, but, USF Football is bigger than Skip, he represents USF Football and the relationships that High Schools have with the former coaches and the school are his to maintain. Again, if Bonani couldn't help the program, I fully understand the end result here. It really has nothing to do with the decision, but more everyone's reactions to Skip and how, when he keeps a guy, he's a God, when he cuts ties with this guy, well, lets blame that on Leavitt too...

Also, with Maikon on the team, I am sure this wasn't an ugly parting of ways, I am sure Skip did it tactfully, just pointing out that he did it and it is contrary to the comments he made last week and the saint that everyone has painted him to be.

...oh God, I am the new smazza  >:D

Might want to note that no where in the article did it ever mention that a scholarship was offered. In fact, it didn't even mention CSH recruiting him, only informing him that they were not going to sign a kicker this year.  It did state that he commited to USF as a sophmore, which could be nothing more than "I'm going to be a Bull." or "I want to go to USF."  I think you are reading more into this than is warranted.

Archived