• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF the new STAR in Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Try to look at the stadium issue from a player's perspective since you guys are all fixated w/ seatbacks. UCF's stadium has a beautiful recruiting lounge/banquet lounge in the stadium and the UCF Football Locker room(10,416 sq ft) is very nice and permanently has our school's colors and logos everywhere. The athletics landscape crew also keeps the playing surface at the stadium and outdoor practice fields in great shape, haven't seen an outdoor practice field in the state that is better. Than add the experience of having the student section directly above the home locker room before they run out onto the field for gameday than having a 2 minute walk to their on campus apartment after the game is over vs hopping on a bus, I can see our OCS being every appealing for recruits and the last few classes show that. From a fan perspective, the concourses are huge under that stands where you're never cramped like many older OCS , most fanbases outside of USF don't have many complaints

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

But, But, But, they have an Giant Oven, errrrrrrrrrrrrr indoor practice facility?!?!?!

I doubt you meant it in a bad way, but Ereck Plancher died in that indoor practice facility.  So that joke could be taken in a bad context.  Just pointing that out.

UCF does in fact have the leg up on us when it comes to facilities.  However, it's asinine to think that simply having facilities brings recruits.  The way that the UCF sheeple attribute facilities to program strength is insane.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and usf should have never shut off football series

dumb

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

But, But, But, they have an Giant Oven, errrrrrrrrrrrrr indoor practice facility?!?!?!

I doubt you meant it in a bad way, but Ereck Plancher died in that indoor practice facility.  So that joke could be taken in a bad context.  Just pointing that out.

UCF does in fact have the leg up on us when it comes to facilities.  However, it's asinine to think that simply having facilities brings recruits.  The way that the UCF sheeple attribute facilities to program strength is insane.

Someone i know over there close to the program says some of the players have actually nicknamed that place "The Oven". 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Someone i know over there close to the program says some of the players have actually nicknamed that place "The Oven". 

No problemo dude...just pointing out a fact.  We good!

• Content Count:  711

It can get warm in the indoor facility...but UCF also has really nice outdoor practice fields, too.  People think that UCF only has the indoor...but they have both.  When there's lightning...they move in or just use it as an extra field for certain groups to do walk-throughs. 

Facilities are a major part of our recruiting and is why UCF is on par with USF and a lot of BE schools, with recruiting while in CUSA.  It's all we really have when competing with BCS schools all around us.  Workout and practice facilities only count for so much...there's more than that at UCF for the players, too.  Dorms are like resorts style condos for them, as well.  We thank you for your state tax dollars to build it them, as well.  The worry for USF isn't our facilities...it's our facilities + BCS.  USF won't have a straw to grasp onto when competing.  Then again...that's up to Skip and the gang.  Sell the hell out of Ray Jay and the Beaches!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The worry for USF isn't our facilities...it's our facilities + BCS. 

I don't see that as a worry of USF. While you have the OCS, USF certainly has the better stadium to play in. USF's new practice facilites are gorgeous.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cant be easy being mj's son

• Content Count:  5,241

All hype. I need to see some quality wins in football before I'm impressed.

Georgia doesn't count, they were really REALLY bad this year. Yes that goes for clemson too

Archived