• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy: UCF Thinks South Florida Is Trying to Block Its Path to Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN clearly wants them in, and since they control most of the tv deals, they will likely get them in.

espn.com had 2 good pieces on the college football page yesterday so maybe they are pushing for UCF  ;)

(nicer campus, arguably better college city)

Not sure how you would argue that Rat Town is better than Tampa Bay.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The argument about not having access to tickets when the game is played at UCF is the "UF excuse" why they won't play anywhere. It's a road game for a reason, to be a hostile environment with more fans of the opposing team. Obviously there is no natural middle point that has a suitable venue - Lakeland is the middle point, but there is no stadium here that would hold 50-60K and split down the middle (a la UT-OU Red River Rivalry) - so it shall just be a home and home series.

No one seems to complain when we travel elsewhere in the state to play that there isn't access to enough tickets.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No one seems to complain when we travel elsewhere in the state to play that there isn't access to enough tickets.

Might be because there wasn't an issue getting them for FSU and Miami.

• Content Count:  12,293

Might be because there wasn't an issue getting them for FSU and Miami.

miami and fsu also have much bigger stadiums then the tin can.

like i said, i wouldnt mind if UCF joined the big east. 

Eh, that's why there is TV.

Not everyone got to the FSU game. Watch it on TV. It's not fair, but it's how it is. If UCF gives us 8,000 tickets and we sell out, and you don't get a ticket, tough titties. I'd love to have a majority USF crowd invade UCF's stadium, but that's not how it works.

Perhaps someday when USF - UCF gets to be Texas - Oklahoma or Florida - Georgia, we can start playing somewhere where they split the tickets 50/50, but there really aren't any sites in between that are big enough or not too far out of the way.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Perhaps someday when USF - UCF gets to be Texas - Oklahoma or Florida - Georgia,

You forgot the smilie ...

• Content Count:  579

I see no guaranteed win for USF in this scenario.  All I see is a slam dunk for UCF and a lot of maybes for us.  McDonald's isn't sharing the secret sauce with Burger King.  I'd be upset if USF wasn't hoping they'd stay out.  **** them.

• Content Count:  12,293

I see no guaranteed win for USF in this scenario.  All I see is a slam dunk for UCF and a lot of maybes for us. 

it is a fact that the USF vs UCF game at ray jay every 2 years would sell 20K+ more tickets than any other realistic possibility of big east expansion.

that is a guaranteed win if you ask me.

then i dont know the exact figures but a road trip to orlando is A LOT cheaper than one to Syracuse, Louisville, or any other possible team the big east would add.

i guess i am one of the few that doesnt think that if ucf joins the big east they will automatically be successful. 

• Content Count:  579

I see no guaranteed win for USF in this scenario.  All I see is a slam dunk for UCF and a lot of maybes for us. 

it is a fact that the USF vs UCF game at ray jay every 2 years would sell 20K+ more tickets than any other realistic possibility of big east expansion.

that is a guaranteed win if you ask me.

then i dont know the exact figures but a road trip to orlando is A LOT cheaper than one to Syracuse, Louisville, or any other possible team the big east would add.

i guess i am one of the few that doesnt think that if ucf joins the big east they will automatically be successful. 

I don't think they are guaranteed to be successful.  But why are we going to add them so 20K more people come to one game every 2 years?  They are recruiting where we are recruiting, they have more to offer as far as facilities, we are of comparable size, similar sized city... Just saying.

Perhaps someday when USF - UCF gets to be Texas - Oklahoma or Florida - Georgia,

You forgot the smilie ...

yeah, i forgot the rolleyes...shoulda used "if" instead of "when" as well heh.

Archived