• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO get Nic Addison

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

there has to be some issue if his only offer is Bethune now...

i've seen the kid play in person, he is good but where will he play on our team?

He is a shut down CB. We could use some depth and skill at corner, no question

The only way he'd get to USF is as a walk-on.  Instead he's going to BCU.  I wish him the best, but right now he's not a scholarship athlete at USF.

Obviously others disagree with your assessment.

"Dominic “Nic†Addison, arguably the most athletically gifted player in Hillsborough County prep football..."

BCP

Sure some folks over at BCP have differing opinions.  The only opinions that matter on Nic are those of the USF coaching staff and they didn't recruit him.

I hope he's wildly successful at BCU.  I feel for the kid getting the run around at NM, but the USF staff isn't going to offer him a scholly.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

there has to be some issue if his only offer is Bethune now...

i've seen the kid play in person, he is good but where will he play on our team?

He is a shut down CB. We could use some depth and skill at corner, no question

come on dude... i've seen him play in person on numerous occasions

he is not a shut down corner.

many @ BCP think every kid that comes out of hillsborough if worthy of a scholarship

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

No one threw on him all season. That's shut down IMHO.I didn't base my opinion on what BCP said, just have to attribute every word that I type here or someone will think I am stealing "pedestrian content". Maybe we should think of this from a futbol perspective, he didn't have to make that many slide tackles.

No one threw on him all season. That's shut down IMHO.I didn't base my opinion on what BCP said, just have to attribute every word that I type here or someone will think I am stealing "pedestrian content". Maybe we should think of this from a futbol perspective, he didn't have to make that many slide tackles.

I saw passes get completed on him... Don't get me wrong he is a good player. If he was as good as you think he is he would have more offers than Bethune cookman

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I remember when I was excoriated or here for suggesting that Rashawn Scott looked good on film for his junior year. I got told that he only looked good because he was playing "crap athletes". Then his Senior film came out, and it was like, whoops. Everything is not always as linear as it appears. I still like Nic. Wish we had given him a longer look. Everyone complains when we don't sign local talent, so what's the risk.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I remember when I was excoriated or here for suggesting that Rashawn Scott looked good on film for his junior year. I got told that he only looked good because he was playing "crap athletes". Then his Senior film came out, and it was like, whoops. Everything is not always as linear as it appears. I still like Nic. Wish we had given him a longer look. Everyone complains when we don't sign local talent, so what's the risk.

there is obviously a reason why he has ZERO good offers...

Didn't Rashawn Scott play in like 1A or 2A... If so he wasn't playing against the state's best talent... not even close. Doesn't mean his tape doesn't look good though. Its not Scott's fault who he was playing, he had a college ready frame which is why i liked him and i'm sure why the coaches like him as well.

• Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Nic is a beast. The reason he wasn't recruited to bigger schools is his grades and test scores were largely unacceptable. He told me he shouldve buckled down in the classroom quicker after skating for too long.

Coaches across the county told their QB's not to throw to his side. When they did: INT. When they threw even down the seam to his side, if his WR didn't sell his route: INT or PD

BCU got a GOOD one. And BCU has a bit of a history of putting DB's into the NFL

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Hope he puts it together at the college level. Always like to see local guys succeed.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Nic is a beast. The reason he wasn't recruited to bigger schools is his grades and test scores were largely unacceptable. He told me he shouldve buckled down in the classroom quicker after skating for too long.

Coaches across the county told their QB's not to throw to his side. When they did: INT. When they threw even down the seam to his side, if his WR didn't sell his route: INT or PD

BCU got a GOOD one. And BCU has a bit of a history of putting DB's into the NFL

If Nic is a monster player and had poor grades, USF couldn't have recruited him either.  That's a very unfortunate situation, but there's nothing USF could do about it.  We have trouble getting in some kids that qualify now a days.

Archived