• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF clearance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Now I'm not a big fan of most of these hats, but this thread has shown the absolute un-cool-ness of this message board.

Anyone out there that thinks these hats are ' gangster', and has a teenage boy should be very worried because this is the style right now.

These hats aren't gangster, they just aren't old man hats.

Coolness has no age  ;)

Also wearing your pants around your knees and hats like this is a sign of mental retardation.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Now I'm not a big fan of most of these hats, but this thread has shown the absolute un-cool-ness of this message board.

Anyone out there that thinks these hats are ' gangster', and has a teenage boy should be very worried because this is the style right now.

Coolness has no age  ;)

Also wearing your pants around your knees and hats like this is a sign of mental retardation.

Or gender, apparently. I saw my first female wearing this style yesterday. Ugh.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Coolness is a relative term, measured on a sliding scale. Few things are as sad - or as entertaining to view - as a person in his fifties attempting to emulate someone who still has algebra homework.  So while there may be a demographic to which this style appeals, I think that age is definitely the determining factor in its 'coolness'. 

Guest nybullsfan

Coolness is a relative term, measured on a sliding scale. Few things are as sad - or as entertaining to view - as a person in his fifties attempting to emulate someone who still has algebra homework.  So while there may be a demographic to which this style appeals, I think that age is definitely the determining factor in its 'coolness'. 

Perhaps the archetype of this kind of behaviour (from my generation), was the Peter Sellers character in the movie, "I Love You Alice B. Toklas". Old businessman trying to look like hippies by taking off their necktie and wearing it as a headband.

MPW-22175

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This shouldn't surprise you at all.  This board has always hand a crotchety white suburban old man feel to it.  Pretty sure some posters here spend their evenings yelling at kids to "stay off my **** lawn and turn down that hippitty hoppity music".  Also those hats are indeed atrocious, i heard they include a coupon for a free affliction or tap out shirt of your choosing.   

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Those hats are horrid.

Archived