• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's coming the 14th?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The following players are making an Official Visit to South Florida, most on the 14th of January. This information is gleaned from Rivals, Scout and a number of "credible" published reports.

OV 1/14/11

Position        Player                    School

DE              Clavion Nelson          South Broward HS

DE              Anthony Chickillo      Alonso HS

ATH/QB      Josh Grady              Armwood HS

LB              Terrance Plummer  Orange Park HS

TE              Rory Anderson      McEachern HS, Powder Springs, GA

WR              Andre Davis*        Jefferson HS

* Davis status for his visit on the 14th was removed today by Rivals, but still listed on Scout

Official visits for the 21st.

WR              Davonte Allen      Glades Central HS

Anyone wants to add to the list feel free. I am sure we'll know more before the weekend. Especially with so few WR prospects announced. I would expect Clarke and Scott to be there, but I couldn't find independent corroboration.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

So what does that mean for USF w/Davis not coming on the 14th?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

I think before speculating on anything, wait and see who actually does come on the 14th ... There are no official lists on those coming to visit.

I think before speculating on anything, wait and see who actually does come on the 14th ... There are no official lists on those coming to visit.

Geez, what we we do on here for 364 days if we weren't speculating. Absolutely NOTHING is official until NSD.

Geez, what we we do on here for 364 days if we weren't speculating. Absolutely NOTHING is official until NSD.

So we're not even sure if he's coming or not but let's speculate on why he's NOT coming ...  ::)

I realize that message boards aren't always the bastion of rationality but come on ...

So we're not even sure if he's coming or not but let's speculate on why he's NOT coming ...  ::)

I realize that message boards aren't always the bastion of rationality but come on ...

Where in God's Green Earth did I say he wasn't coming? Can you take a Xanax or something? I hardly think it's "rational" to excoriate someone for repeating recent reports.

Where in God's Green Earth did I say he wasn't coming? Can you take a Xanax or something? I hardly think it's "rational" to excoriate someone for repeating recent reports.

facepalm.jpg

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey Billreef, thanks for compiling that list. Hopefully, we can land some of these guys.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Get Grady and davis and I'm satisfied

Get Grady and davis and I'm satisfied

That and another WR would be awesome. AC would be the cherry on top. More than that and I'll be tap dancing til Valentine's day.

For anyone that doesn't have it, here is the schedule:

What follows is the official 2010-2011 NCAA football Division I recruiting calendar.

August 1-November 27: This is technically a Quiet Period, during which recruits can visit with coaches but only on those coaches' campuses. But it's also an Evaluation Period, meaning that recruiters can visit recruits off-campus during 42 "evaluation days" during September, October and November. These evaluation days must be designated in writing by each school's athletic director. Recruiters may not visit any single recruit more than once during this time.

November 28-January 29: Contact Period. During this time, coaches are allowed to visit recruits off campus. Coaches can make only one visit per week to individual recruits. Also during this window, coaches must be aware of intermittent Quiet Periods and Dead Periods (during which no in-person contact is allowed) set for the following dates:

* December 12: Quiet Period (for junior college prospects enrolling mid-year only)

* December 13-16: Dead Period (for junior college prospects enrolling mid-year only; staff may have contact with recruits who have been admitted for mid-year enrollment)

* December 17-18: Quiet Period (for junior college prospects enrolling mid-year only)

* December 19: Quiet Period

* December 20-January 3: Dead Period (staff may have contact with recruits who have been admitted for mid-year enrollment)

* January 9: Quiet Period

* January 10-13: Dead Period (staff may have contact with recruits who have been admitted for mid-year enrollment)

January 30: Quiet Period

January 31-February 3: Dead Period. [Note: Feb. 3 is "national signing day," the first day that recruits can sign a National Letter of Intent for their school of choice.]

February 4-April 14: Quiet Period

April 15-May 31: Evaluation Period. Coaching staffs have 168 days worth of evaluation days; days not used for evaluation during this time window are otherwise considered "quiet."

June 1-July 31: Quiet Period.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/rulesofthegame/a/rec-calendar.htm

Archived