• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Good, hope he sends some of those dead presidents our way for welching on the last year of his USF career.

Welching? Wow. Bitter much?  Get over it, he did what was best for JPP.

Rejoice in the one year that we had him.  Remember: Once a Bull, ALWAYS a Bull!

But... with fan attitudes like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he was tempted to tell USF to **** off and die.

:Bang

Only bitter because he committed to play for us, then left.  A player we could have desperately used this year.  He now makes millions and has even said thank you?  At least guys like Henry put money up AFTER completing their obligations.  Sorry, but I do feel cheated that my money goes to help them get there, and then they leave early and lose the address to school.  JPP, Mitchell, Jones (MBB) all owe us something back.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

At least guys like Henry put money up AFTER completing their obligations.

You say "guys" plural ... who besides Henry are you including in that?

And Henry didn't donate money until like eight years after he graduated. Jason Pierre-Paul has been in the NFL for three-quarters of a season. Chill out, dude.

Sorry, but I do feel cheated that my money goes to help them get there, and then they leave early and lose the address to school.

How do you know this? Because you aren't personally notified by coaches and administrators what if any contact they've had with former players?

JPP, Mitchell, Jones (MBB) all owe us something back.

They already gave us what they owed us: Awesome performances while wearing green and gold.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Henry also graduated, he fulfilled his side of his scholarship. 

Look, it is simple in my eyes.  They take a deal that provides free classes, room, board, for 4-5 years.  These players take that money and we gladly offer it.  If this was a contract they would owe us that last year, they should pay the school if they want to leave early and make seven figures. 

If you take a job and they pay for you to complete school, and pay your relocation fees, etc. and you leave before the end of the contract you have to pay it back.  Same deal here.

I understand they see opportunity, all I am saying is pay back the program that got you there.  Where would we have been this year if the early outs stayed?  Imagine have Mitchell and JPP out there, we may be BEC right now, and how much would that be worth to USF?

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

mike jenkins also tipped pass to get INT off manning in OT to get win for cowboys

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Henry also graduated, he fulfilled his side of his scholarship. 

Look, it is simple in my eyes.  They take a deal that provides free classes, room, board, for 4-5 years.  These players take that money and we gladly offer it.  If this was a contract they would owe us that last year, they should pay the school if they want to leave early and make seven figures. 

If you take a job and they pay for you to complete school, and pay your relocation fees, etc. and you leave before the end of the contract you have to pay it back.  Same deal here.

I understand they see opportunity, all I am saying is pay back the program that got you there.  Where would we have been this year if the early outs stayed?  Imagine have Mitchell and JPP out there, we may be BEC right now, and how much would that be worth to USF?

These guys make millions of dollars for USF, the Big East, and the NCAA. They do not get paid other than school. What is that, $25k or so/year? Then you have a guy like AJ Green that sells something that belongs to him and the money grubbing NCAA suspends him and punishes his entire team. These guys don't owe USF anything. College football is a multi-billion dollar industry and you get mad at these guys when they decide to make some money for themselves?

If you had a bright futures academic scholly and then got a job that didn't require a degree that would pay you more than you would ever make with a degree, you wouldn't take it? Because you feel like you owe the state something?

Don't be ridiculous.

• Content Count:  3,475

It's not like they still keep the scholarship money when they leave early. Pierre-Paul was obviously never going to get 4-5 years, and in fact he only had one.

No, it's not. Just because your feelings are hurt doesn't mean there is some obligation on the player's part. Their obligation is to play sports for USF while they're receiving a scholarship. There is no contract beyond that, so your comparison is invalid.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

BTW, scholarships are year to year, if Skip had wanted to, he could have pulled JPP's scholly when he was hired as a coach, the school has no obligation beyond 1 year to these guys.

• Content Count:  10,565

Only bitter because he committed to play for us, then left. 

Scholarships have to be renewed each year, so he don;t be too hard on the guy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Your argument holds water only for Mitchell ... The defensive line was a strong point this year.

Archived