• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bus Trip To Miami Cancelled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Me and my friend were planning on taking that bus trip to Miami through Bullfantours and I just found out 5 minutes ago that it was cancelled.  It costs us $69.  I am a USF student and live on campus with no car.  That was the only way we could get there.  We already have our tickets and everything.  Is there anything anyone would be willing to do to help us or any advice that anyone has?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

That sucks man. Why did they cancel? I'm assuming you get your money back?

Seems to me like you only have two or three options, and two of them aren't very appealing:

If you're lucky, someone on here who is driving there in the morning will see this. Maybe they'll check either tonight or early tomorrow. Be available.

You could fly one-way down there for like $90 or $100, which sucks, but would get you there in time. I don't know of any other buses that would get you there in time for the game. Then you could take a bus back, but Greyhounds aren't that cheap. I recently took one from Tampa to Melbourne (about two hours away) and it was $45.

Or you could rent a car. I don't know how much that costs, but I'm assuming it's more expensive than flying from Tampa to Miami. Maybe not, I really have no idea.

I just checked Greyhound's site out of curiosity and you can get a ticket leaving Miami on Saturday night or Sunday morning to Tampa for $50. But that only helps if you can find a way down there tomorrow. Good luck, wish I had more helpful advice.

If you're comfortable posting your phone number on here, it couldn't hurt to post it in case someone checks this board before heading out in the morning and can offer you a ride. But you'd have to be awake and ready to go at a moment's notice pretty early.

• Content Count:  1,390

What a joke. Cancel it the night before? Pathetic.

Thank you for the advice.  I am hoping to god that someone will check this and be willing to give us a ride.  If anyone can, we will be ready to go at a moment's notice.  My cell phone # is (727)656-2861, and of course we will be willing to pay for gas and parking.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Why did they cancel?  Didn't sell out I assume.

That sucks dude.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Canceling 14 hours prior to kickoff and within 12 hours of leaving is very bush league.

I would expect a full refund, and if you had tickets, I might even be inclined to ask for some kind of reimbursement for those since they canceled so late that you may not be able to use them.

if you had tickets, I might even be inclined to ask for some kind of reimbursement for those since they canceled so late that you may not be able to use them.

For real. This is total ********. I'm pissed off about it, and it doesn't even impact me! I can't imagine how pissed the OP must be.

Hopefully it worked out for him. Maybe he found a ride.

No, unfortunately I never found a ride.  I have the game tickets right next to me on my desk as I am watching the game. Hopefully they will refund me.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

No, unfortunately I never found a ride.  I have the game tickets right next to me on my desk as I am watching the game. Hopefully they will refund me.

Dude... that is utter BS... they need to reimburse you for your bus tickets and your game tickets... they should had given you a 48-72 hour notice of cancellation.

Archived