• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami giving HOT the shaft...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

HOT found out today that Athletics is not paying to send the band down for the Miami game, after the word being all semester that they were going. Apparently Miami wanted Athletics to pay $20,000 for the band to sit in the upper deck at Sun Life. Sucks for the kids that had their holiday plans scheduled around it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478

I'm a HOT alum. That $20,000 was likely the cost of the tickets.......

I wouldn't be so sure that it was Miami...I'm sure USF would charge for an opposing band to come to Ray Jay.

When we went to Auburn we had actual tickets that USF bought for the band. I have them framed in my room.

• Content Count:  296

That's $70+ a person for seats in the upper deck that I'm sure is going to be empty...

• Content Count:  1,633

This was prolly in the budget from the beginning of the year. I wonder what changed?

Maybe they didn't sell enough jacket pillows....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

HOT found out today that Athletics is not paying to send the band down for the Miami game, after the word being all semester that they were going. Apparently Miami wanted Athletics to pay $20,000 for the band to sit in the upper deck at Sun Life. ***** for the kids that had their holiday plans scheduled around it.

Soooo your pissed at Athletics... not UM...

The 20k paid for the tickets and extra security for HOT... same deal as FSU paid for the Marching Chiefs.... and yes... they also sat upstairs. If you want to rail on someone then rail on USF athletics as it was their decision not to pay the money. This could be tied to attendance... the budgets are built on projected attendance figures for the season... though this may be punishment for having the idiot announcer during pregame.... oooo that's HOT... embarrassing....

Guest nybullsfan

HOT found out today that Athletics is not paying to send the band down for the Miami game, after the word being all semester that they were going. Apparently Miami wanted Athletics to pay $20,000 for the band to sit in the upper deck at Sun Life. ***** for the kids that had their holiday plans scheduled around it.

Soooo your pissed at Athletics... not UM...

The 20k paid for the tickets and extra security for HOT... same deal as FSU paid for the Marching Chiefs.... and yes... they also sat upstairs. If you want to rail on someone then rail on USF athletics as it was their decision not to pay the money. This could be tied to attendance... the budgets are built on projected attendance figures for the season... though this may be punishment for having the idiot announcer during pregame.... oooo that's HOT... embarrassing....

Seems reasonable. If true, you should be pissed at the fans. Hmmm...

• Content Count:  1,757

Doesnt Miami have the right to charge for the seats the band would take up? Makes sense. Be pissed at USF for not ponying up the 20k.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Absolutely they do... just as we charged the FAU band this year for their seats.

This is on the USF Athletic dept.

Archived