• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray's Blog - The Walking Dead (opinion on Ray's fans, ballpark, etc)

UsfGoose

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I really think the biggest issue with the Bucs is ticket prices and the economy. To say Tampa Bay is fairweather over the Bucs and doesn't care isn't accurate in my opinion.

Since winning the Super Bowl they've gone 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, 4-12, 9-7, 9-7, then 3-13 yet had sold out every single game in that time period.

So you're telling me that one 3-13 season chased off a fan base that has very recently endured seasons of 5-11 and 4-12 records and completely made the entire region indifferent to Bucs football? If Tampa was as fair weather with the Bucs as many believe, then why weren't those seasons following the 5-11/4-12 records as poorly attended as this year? They lost 20,000 season ticket holders over a 3-13 record?

I was looking for tickets to the game vs the Panthers last weekend and here's what I found: The cheapest seats were completely sold out and the sidelines in the 100,200 level were sold out. However, the Club level seats and corner/endzone seats that cost $115-$125 each were NOT sold out. The cheapest ticket available through ticketmaster for that game was $85...and since I don't like to go by myself that turns into $170, then add parking which turns that to $195, then add a couple bottles of water since games are at noon and it goes over $200....and that's for two people in the cheapest seats that were available.

That shows to me that you have the die hards that will retain those sideline tickets no matter what, and that the rest of the people are trying to find their way into the stadium as cheaply as possible.

SattyBull.. I completely agree.  I didn't realize the Glazers jack up ticket prices.  I was just talking to a random Bucaneer fan and he told me they are raising ticket prices again for the Bucs.  He told me $110 for ONE F****KIN TICKET!... I WAS COMPLETELY SURPRISED.  I do give the Ray's owner credit.  I just heard they are dropping prices even lower for the Rays. 

if its the economy why isint every other NFL Stadium half empty? Is the economy in Cleveland thatmuch better or do they have better fans? What about Pittsburg? Green Bay? Detroit? New Orleans? etc?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I really think the biggest issue with the Bucs is ticket prices and the economy. To say Tampa Bay is fairweather over the Bucs and doesn't care isn't accurate in my opinion.

Since winning the Super Bowl they've gone 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, 4-12, 9-7, 9-7, then 3-13 yet had sold out every single game in that time period.

So you're telling me that one 3-13 season chased off a fan base that has very recently endured seasons of 5-11 and 4-12 records and completely made the entire region indifferent to Bucs football? If Tampa was as fair weather with the Bucs as many believe, then why weren't those seasons following the 5-11/4-12 records as poorly attended as this year? They lost 20,000 season ticket holders over a 3-13 record?

I was looking for tickets to the game vs the Panthers last weekend and here's what I found: The cheapest seats were completely sold out and the sidelines in the 100,200 level were sold out. However, the Club level seats and corner/endzone seats that cost $115-$125 each were NOT sold out. The cheapest ticket available through ticketmaster for that game was $85...and since I don't like to go by myself that turns into $170, then add parking which turns that to $195, then add a couple bottles of water since games are at noon and it goes over $200....and that's for two people in the cheapest seats that were available.

That shows to me that you have the die hards that will retain those sideline tickets no matter what, and that the rest of the people are trying to find their way into the stadium as cheaply as possible.

SattyBull.. I completely agree.  I didn't realize the Glazers jack up ticket prices.

Not sure what you mean by "jack up ticket prices" ...

I was just talking to a random Bucaneer fan and he told me they are raising ticket prices again for the Bucs.

Your random Buccaneer fan doesn't know what he's talking about ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

SattyBull.. I completely agree.  I didn't realize the Glazers jack up ticket prices.  I was just talking to a random Bucaneer fan and he told me they are raising ticket prices again for the Bucs.  He told me $110 for ONE F****KIN TICKET!... I WAS COMPLETELY SURPRISED.  I do give the Ray's owner credit.  I just heard they are dropping prices even lower for the Rays. 

if its the economy why isint every other NFL Stadium half empty? Is the economy in Cleveland thatmuch better or do they have better fans? What about Pittsburg? Green Bay? Detroit? New Orleans? etc?

Every market's economy is different ... Tampa Bay isn't the only one experiencing blackouts. Do you have an answer for Satty's red highlighted question up there?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

thinking about going to a Bucs game one weekend...how is the scalping availability?  How much are they going for outside of stubhub or whatever online prices? anyone scalped tix or know?

I actually enjoy watching this Bucs team.  I promise I would smack myself in the face if I said that in the late 90s and early 2000s. 

• Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Hey to the person who ask why is every other team selling out games and not the Bucs.  The Bucs are almost dead last and ticket prices compared to other NFL franchises this year.  The worst part about, Tampa is more of a blue collar town than towns like New York City and DC and our tickets are still more expensive.  Here is a reference

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-11-ticket-prices-mainbar_N.htm#teams

Hey to the person who ask why is every other team selling out games and not the Bucs.  The Bucs are almost dead last and ticket prices compared to other NFL franchises this year.  The worst part about, Tampa is more of a blue collar town than towns like New York City and DC and our tickets are still more expensive.  Here is a reference

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-11-ticket-prices-mainbar_N.htm#teams

I meant to say in ticket prices ..not and

I meant to say in ticket prices ..not and

I copied wrong link.  Man I need my coffee today.  If you notice most of these cities are white collar cities.  There are a few exceptions. Green Bay will always sell out because Green Bay is pretty much a pro team with a college atmosphere (Just think the Gators, no matter how bad the economy is, there is still 90,000 there because it's probably the one sporting event they will not give up).  There are a few blue collar franchises like Green Bay that have more of a college atmosphere (Pittsburg, New Orleans).    The rest of those cities are white collar cities that have enough money flowing around.  Most of these white collar companies give out tickets for free.  So when you have that many in those cities, it's a lot easier for them to sell out.  Trust me; the economy affected the Bucs ticket sells.  The Bucs sold out Ray Jay for 10 years straight (even during the years they sucked).    I'll be the first one to blast Tampa fans in other categories but I think Tampa do have good football fans.

http://www.katc.com/news/average-ticket-prices-charged-for-2010-nfl-games/

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah.  I do agree with everyone's post but what about the Tampa Bay Bucaneers?  They are actually winning and they still can't sell out.    That completely baffles me because I pretty use the same excuses for Ray's fans as he listed in this post.   Than the Bucs started to win and I'm like ..well what is going on..Can the economy be that bad?  Than I hear JP on the radio taking calls on this very subject.   I overheard some people talking saying.. the Magic sell out every game.  Is the economy that much better?  I'm not sure what the attendance is for Miami Pro Sport Games... Miami are usually bad sport fans in general.   

The Fins have sold out every game. The fact is people in this area just dont care about the Bucs or Rays. Hopefully the Bucs move out of town and USF can become the only football in Tampa.

That's about as dumb and ignorant of a comment I've ever seen. Also shows your intelligence level. This is the first year in the stadiums history that the bucs have had blackouts. We sold out every game prior since 1998! Keep on hoping because the bucs will NEVER leave this town.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Randy the Phins have "sold out"...let's be serious Dolphins fans (which I am) really don't show all that well.

And Bucs fans.

- true every game has sold out since 1998...but that was because ten year commitments people were paying for.

When those PSLs ran out ticket sales dropped the Glazers started paying the difference to get sell outs, even with 40,000 fans in the stadium.

The Bucs problem is Saturday football.

Archived