• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings show no love to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps I do not understand FBS rankings that well. However, it seems that no matter how well our team improved this season, nor how many "firsts" we achieved, we cannot get even votes this season.

I'm not talking about not being in the rankings, I'm talking about schools like UCF who lost can still get votes be we get none. Why is that?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like no matter what we do we will never be good enough in the eyes of others. USF beat UCF four times (never losing a single game to them), we play in a harder conference, yet it never seems good enough. What gives?

• Content Count:  2,558

We havent earned them

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

The answer is, neither USF nor UCF deserves to be getting votes in any polls. The question isn't why USF is being ignored, it's why the hell would anybody think UCF's season has been one of the 25 best in the country?

The answer is, neither USF nor UCF deserves to be getting votes in any polls. The question isn't why USF is being ignored, it's why the hell would anybody think UCF's season has been one of the 25 best in the country?

This is my point EXACTLY. I do not understand what's going on.

• Content Count:  2,558

The only benefit I see personally for having a lil number next to our name is- When I log into espn on my blackberry the default for ncaa football scores are the top 25 teams, So it would save me from clicking the drop down box hitting big east and then clicking on the usf link to get info.  Other than that I fail to care

Actually, UCF isn't getting votes in the media poll, only in the coaches poll. Here's the explanation for UCF's votes in the coaches poll:

The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 59 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. The board for the 2010 season: Robb Akey, Idaho; <b>David Bailiff, Rice;</b> Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Tim Beckman, Toledo; Todd Berry, Louisiana-Monroe; Bret Bielema, Wisconsin; Art Briles, Baylor; Dave Christensen, Wyoming; David Cutcliffe, Duke; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Todd Dodge, North Texas; Sonny Dykes, Louisiana Tech; Dan Enos, Central Michigan; Steve Fairchild, Colorado State; <b>Larry Fedora, Southern Miss;</b> Jimbo Fisher, Florida State; Al Golden, Temple; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Jim Harbaugh, Stanford; Mike Haywood, Miami (Ohio); Butch Jones, Cincinnati; Brian Kelly, Notre Dame; Jerry Kill, Northern Illinois; Mike Locksley, New Mexico; Mike London, Virginia; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Mike MacIntyre, San Jose State; Doug Marrone, Syracuse; Urban Meyer, Florida; Dan Mullen, Mississippi State; Ken Niumatalolo, Navy; Tom O'Brien, North Carolina State; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Bobby Petrino, Arkansas; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; <b>Larry Porter, Memphis;</b> Jeff Quinn, Buffalo; Paul Rhoads, Iowa State; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Michigan; Nick Saban, Alabama; Steve Sarkisian, Washington; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic; Mike Sherman, Texas A&M; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Mike Stoops, Arizona; Charlie Strong, Louisville; <b>Kevin Sumlin, Houston; Bob Toledo, Tulane;</b> Jim Tressel, Ohio State; Tommy Tuberville, Texas Tech; Kyle Whittingham, Utah; Paul Wulff, Washington State; Ron Zook, Illinois.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The rankings are so subjective... A lot of the rankings have to do with history and tradition. An 11-0 USF is not the same as an 11-0 cuse or WVU or Pitt.

I don't put that much stock in the polls, especially the AP, there is areason it isn't used

That said... We don't deserve to be ranked

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I think the answer is because we've embarassed the voters too many times. And also, it's not like we're scoring any style points with our victories.

Yes, we fans are impressed with where we are, but I highly doubt anyone else is. Someone mentioned in another thread we're only 3-5 vs spread.

That will stop a lot of voters.

The rankings are so subjective... A lot of the rankings have to do with history and tradition. An 11-0 USF is not the same as an 11-0 cuse or WVU or Pitt.

I don't put that much stock in the polls, especially the AP, there is areason it isn't used

The reason the AP isn't used is because it threatened to sue the BCS for using the poll in the BCS formula without the AP's permission. The AP demanded to be removed from the equation.

I agree they're all a joke, but you can't seriously think, if pressed to pick one, that the coaches poll has more credibility than the AP poll.

Archived