• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What's it going to take for USF to get ranked.  If you looked at all 3 polls from last week, there was a ton of 3 loss teams either ranked or receiving votes, some which I would consider lesser teams, for example Southern Miss, a 3 loss CUSA team got votes in the Harris.  3 loss teams like Hawaii, Tulsa, and a 4 loss Clemson got votes...I think USF gets some votes tomorrow but not ranked unless beating Pitt and/or Miami.  What do you think.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

I see a handful of votes in the AP and under 5 in the coaches. I agree it will take a Pitt win or both A Pitt and Miami win to get into the top 25

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Maybe Greg with throw a vote or two our way......wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.  ;D

Guest nybullsfan

What's it going to take for USF to get ranked.  If you looked at all 3 polls from last week, there was a ton of 3 loss teams either ranked or receiving votes, some which I would consider lesser teams, for example Southern Miss, a 3 loss CUSA team got votes in the Harris.  3 loss teams like Hawaii, Tulsa, and a 4 loss Clemson got votes...I think USF gets some votes tomorrow but not ranked unless beating Pitt and/or Miami.  What do you think.

Doesn't matter.

We've been ranked before in mid-season. The only rankings that matter this year will be the ones that come out AFTER we win our bowl game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

We've won 3 exhibition games and beaten the bottom 3 teams in our conference while, frankly, not looking that good doing it ... Maybe a few votes if we beat Pitt with possibly being ranked if we beat UM, depending on what other teams do ...

• Content Count:  6,348

Considering the fact that Pitt was undefeated to start the week and still wasn't ranked in the top 25 of any poll I would say if we win out, including beating Miami, we get to maybe 20.

There is zero respect for the BE this year.

Desmond Howard called out the BE twice today on Gameday. Zero respect.

You guys are forgetting who was receiving votes in the polls LAST week.  3 loss teams like Hawaii, Tulsa, Southern Miss, and a 4 loss Clemson.  And that was last week.  There was a huge amount of 3 loss teams getting votes (although USF wasn't one of them)...I think there's an outside chance USF gets ranked by winning next week, especially if it's convincingly.

We've won 3 exhibition games and beaten the bottom 3 teams in our conference while, frankly, not looking that good doing it ... Maybe a few votes if we beat Pitt with possibly being ranked if we beat UM, depending on what other teams do ...

UCF got ranked by beating a bunch of worse CUSA nobodies and losing to the only BCS teams they played.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Considering the fact that Pitt was undefeated to start the week and still wasn't ranked in the top 25 of any poll I would say if we win out, including beating Miami, we get to maybe 20.

Entering this week, Pitt had the same number of losses as USF. Now, Pitt has more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

UCF got ranked by beating a bunch of worse CUSA nobodies and losing to the only BCS teams they played.

But they were winning by mostly blowouts and were only 1 score down in both of their BCS losses ....

Archived