• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holding Penalties

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,690
  • Days Won:  108

I can only remember 2 holding calls by the offensive line this year - the first play of the game against Cincy bringing back Mo's nice run and I think one on Popek (I think - don't remember which game, maybe 'cuse) after he had the personal foul call.  There must be more but I can't remember them.  In any case, it has been pretty amazing.  I know there have been some called against receivers/backs.  Any place to find stats on this?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

What Holtz and staff have done this year with discipline on this team is amazing. It's so nice to watch a team execute a gameplan and not just run all over the field trying to make something happen. The kids are put in postion to make the plays therefore not trying to cut a corner because they're out of postion or just using the wrong gameplan.

I'm very please with how this year is going but, man I can't wait till next year for even more improvment. Plus Scott, Aycock, Boyd, Love(hopefully), Griffin, 3 scholarshiped QB's, etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I can only remember 2 holding calls by the offensive line this year - the first play of the game against Cincy bringing back Mo's nice run and I think one on Popek (I think - don't remember which game, maybe 'cuse) after he had the personal foul call.  There must be more but I can't remember them.  In any case, it has been pretty amazing.  I know there have been some called against receivers/backs.  Any place to find stats on this?

Go to the Football Schedule & Results page at GoUSFBulls.com. Click on each score result to go to the article for that page. On the right side of the resulting page, you will find a link to the Stats PDF. At the bottom of that pdf is a play by play listing of each game. By going through all the games, you can find every penalty, who committed it, what it was and figured out the yardage penalized.

It would be a lot of work, but it should have what you want.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,690
  • Days Won:  108

Thanks for the link.  Had forgotten about that play by play link.

Turned out to be not so tough.  Using the search feature on Foxit PDF reader it only took a few minutes.  From what I found there was 1 on Popek in the FAU game, 1 on Warren in the WV game and 1 on Bass in the Cinci game.

That is truly amazing.  There were a couple that were part of offset penalties and some by RB (Kelly) and WR (Bogan) and one that was declined (didn't mention name).  There were the usual block in the back and holds on special teams.

Don't know if it is a matter of coaching or just that they are a mostly "veteran" group.  Let's hope they keep it up the rest of the way.

Archived