• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

March Victorious

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

So I'm not just noticing it, I'm only just commenting on it. Does anyone know why they replaced the bridge of March Victorious with the first down cheer? I can understand the desire to get some "Go Bulls!" cheers in there, but it just sounds disjointed to me.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

?

when i was in HOT, and at USF the first down cheer was always an odd version of march v.

i have noticed some other schools doing something similar as well.  i think it was uf doing a disjointed hail to old florida at the fl ga game.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The first down cheer is not related to March V in any way.  It's a typical college tonic-dominant chromatic cheer (musically lame, but it works).  The OP asked about the bridge to March V being replaced, not the other way around.

I didn't notice that, but if they did it I'd imagine it would be because March V has always had an identity crisis.  "Is that the fight song, Herb?"  "No, Marge, that's not it, but it kind of sounds like it should be, yes..."  "Why do they have two fight songs, Herb?"  Tying it in to the gameday experience might be an attempt to distinguish it.

Personally, I always thought March V was a better tune than the fight song.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The first down cheer is not related to March V in any way.  It's a typical college tonic-dominant chromatic cheer (musically lame, but it works).  The OP asked about the bridge to March V being replaced, not the other way around.

I didn't notice that, but if they did it I'd imagine it would be because March V has always had an identity crisis.  "Is that the fight song, Herb?"  "No, Marge, that's not it, but it kind of sounds like it should be, yes..."  "Why do they have two fight songs, Herb?"  Tying it in to the gameday experience might be an attempt to distinguish it.

Personally, I always thought March V was a better tune than the fight song.

Most colleges have multiple "cheer" songs, above and beyond their fight songs.

http://fightmusic.com/bigeast.html

Archived