• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Big wins in USF history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Over time wins (in 2004 I think) should be mentioned.

It was 2003 and none of them were particularly "big" wins.

Well I didn't mean to crap in your cornflakes but they were clutch wins for an infant D1/FBS football team that started a small national buzz for USF IMO.

If you're going to include every single win the team has ever had, then it is pointless to create a list of "biggest wins." They can't all be big wins. Hard fought wins, maybe. Impressive wins, maybe. But in the long run, USF's one-point, double overtime victory over East Carolina in 2003 was meaningless. You couldn't even remember when it was! USF was not the subject of "national buzz" in 2003 for overtime victories over three unranked Conference USA teams.

Also, I don't like cornflakes.

Over time wins (in 2004 I think) should be mentioned.

It was 2003 and none of them were particularly "big" wins.

The 2004 win at TCU stopped their home winning streak if I remember correctly.

He was referring to the three double overtime games the team had in one year, I don't think he meant every single overtime game the team has ever played (not that there's many...). Anyway, I'd have a hard time including a win in a season in which both teams finished under .500 to be a "big" win, unless it was over like Florida or something.

For a game to be big, it has to have meaning beyond just being a conference game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'll never forget the atmosphere for '05 against Louisville and '07 against West Virginia. Looking up in that '07 game and seeing just mobs and mobs of green was a great feeling. And the pure insanity when Ben Moffitt returned the pick for a TD...still gives me chills just thinking about it

Archived