• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Syracuse up on Cincinnati 24-7 Late 3rd Quarter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I can't believe we lost to Syracuse, they're the worst team ever! ;)

They are improved, but I maintain that they were not  better than us on the day we played them. A couple of blown plays by our QB cost us the game, not to mention a missed FG. Syracuse didn't do much to stop us when we played them, we were completely inept in every way, and it wasn't because they are so improved, it is on us.

Again, they are a good team, and the best Cuse team we've seen in our time in the Big East. And, I agree that the loss looks less bad now, you have to realize that game was 100% winnable for us.

Cincy today was also down to their back-up QB and had a case of fumblitiis early.

Oh well, I am clearly not over it yet, but we can't do anything about it except go out and kick the living **** out of Rutgers on Wednesday, that will make me feel a little better.

This seems like as good of a place as any...Let Rutgers Hate Week commence!

Guest nybullsfan
If the Big East winner comes down to a one conference loss team, I'd love for it to be Syracuse.

If today's results hold up, then wouldn't that be impossible since Pitt has already beaten Syracuse and Rutgers already has 1 loss and has not yet played the Orange?

If Pitt and Cuse both end up 6-1 in conference, they'll share the championship, but the tiebreaker for the BCS bid is not head-to-head. It will go to whichever team is ranked higher in the BCS standings, which would prolly be Cuse if they win out.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

If the Big East winner comes down to a one conference loss team, I'd love for it to be Syracuse.

If today's results hold up, then wouldn't that be impossible since Pitt has already beaten Syracuse and Rutgers already has 1 loss and has not yet played the Orange?

If Pitt and Cuse both end up 6-1 in conference, they'll share the championship, but the tiebreaker for the BCS bid is not head-to-head. It will go to whichever team is ranked higher in the BCS standings, which would prolly be Cuse if they win out.

I think that is only for a three-way tie, I am pretty sure it is head to head if it's only two teams. Could be wrong though, it's happened once before...

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Unless something has changed, we go through this every year.  Couldn't find the link on bigeast.org site, but this is pretty close at least.  The tiebreaker for BCS bid is

For two teams:

1) Head-to-head winner

For three or more teams: ( a bit more complex )

1) Form a mini-conference with all teams tied and take best record

2) IF two teams have same record in min-conference, head-to-head winner

2a) IF more than two teams have same record in mini-conference THEN (and really only then) take BCS standing.

We should all pray it doesn't come down to that this year, because our champions may not even be ranked!  I guess you could still get a BCS standing based on computers?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Pitt wins the league in your scenario. Head to Head is the first thing looked at when 2 teams are tied within the conference.

Archived