• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Losing season or will we rally?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Taking a quick look at the schedule....I don't see any teams that we can beat without the offense scoring a touchdown.

That should answer your question...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scherdin

we're done...offense is a mess!!!

We are too inexperienced at all the positions to make adjustments. 

Feel bad for the seniors...I don't think they ever thought a 3-9 season would ever come up.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Taking a quick look at the schedule....I don't see any teams that we can beat without the offense scoring a touchdown.

That should answer your question...

2 weeks in a row with 3 points from the offense.  who can we beat?  I haven't seen any other BE teams scoring 3 or less, has anyone else?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Holy ****, you people are worse than my wife.

First, we play ONE good half at Florida and people on here go apeshit and start talking BE Championship.

We play like crap against WKU and we're just saving the good stuff for the more difficult opponents.

We destroy FAU? 10-2, Orange Bowl.

Lose to Cuse, very bad loss, but everyone starts thinking the season tanks.

Lose to a RANKED WVU team, whose only loss was at Death Valley, and we're lucky if we win another game?

Yes, the offense ******* sucks right now, but anyone with ANY sort of objective point of view would have seen that in August. No receivers, fragile backs, our QB was a bad passer last year, and the online was average.

My point is, the Cuse win was a blinside, but I didn't see us in the preseason going into Morgantown and winning. We're replacing too much talent and in a transition with the coaching staff.

WVU's defense has destroyed every offense they've faced...and will continue to do so.

We were a 7-5 team in August and we're around that now. I don't know why people expected a team that had a terrible offense and lost 5 guys to the NFL that went 8-5 to be Big East champs. It happens every ******* year people just expect too much and then cry when it doesn't go our way.

USF is still building. I agree some of the playcalling was **** last night, but they did a good job adjusting to WVU throwing 8 in the box with bubble screens. It hurt them.

Now relax.

• Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

I have to ask- who in their right mind actually believed that this season was going to be one for the ages? There are only so many elements that a program as young and inconsistent as ours can undergo without seeing a falloff. 

Just face it, BJ will be our QB for the rest of the year barring injury, Holtz will continue to run his offense until either BJ clicks or the season ends, the defense will continue to keep us in games, and we might be lucky at this point to squeak out 5 wins.  Here's my plan - I'll  try to look at this team more objectively to pick out the positives knowing that any good that comes out of this season can be translated to next year. I will continue to be angered by poor play and excited by the positives. I will always be a USF fan, win or lose  I will still go to games, Miami included, renew my season tickets, fly my green and gold at my house, on my cars, wear USF aparrel, and enjoy the fun that only college football brings. 

• Content Count:  971

no real rally . . . but hopefully one or two surprises.  it is possible to win select games with only D and special teams (i've seen it done several times).  offense needs to cooperate a little bit (say 150 total yds and no TOs).  OC will need to cooperate also (no passing attempts within 2 minutes of halftime).  gb! 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

losing season

this was expected

we have so little talent on offensive side of the ball

• Content Count:  1,757

Cincinnati is the only team left on the schedule that we have a prayer against.  I would be surprised if we win one more game.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

darned if I know.  ???

we look pedestian tonight.  ::)

Losing for sure... Holtz is not going to bench BJ and thus we only win 3 games... I don't see us winning any more games if BJ starts.

Now if he is benched anything could happen... we could suck worse or we could win a game or two. Won't know until it happens.

Archived