• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Have we tried this????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm guessing that if BJ ran for 200 yards we might have won.

Brad, I've only seen a couple of your posts this morning, not sure if you got to watch the game out there or not, but, BJ won't run any more. He doesnt want to, and he won't take off. On his second pick, they brought 2. Everyone else dropped back into coverage. No spy. It was 3rd and 5. There wasn't anyone within a mile of BJ, and he chose to throw into double coverage instead of taking off and picking up the first down.

BJ has the ability to hurt teams by running, but, he doesn't seem willing to do that. See, that is where I have more of an issue with him than his poor decisions, or bad throws. It's an attitude issue. The team doesn't rally around him, because he doesn't leave it all on the field, doing anything in his power to win. Even if that means running the ball 47 times, and throwing one screen pass. At least Julmiste/Banks/Grothe, etc. would give you all they had and do everything they could to win, even if their best wasn't as good as bj daniels.

Has someone on the team told you this? If true, that's a pretty damning accusation.

Sorry, I should say that it doesn't seem that the team rallies around him. No connections to get info. There were several posts last season about BJ not knowing the playbook, presumably from an inside source.

I just don't see anyone out there giving it more than they have because they know their QB is struggling. Bogan made a great catch, but he also walked back to the huddle with his head hung several times because he was open and BJ went to someone who was covered. I see the same in Landi.

As of 2 weeks ago, I was in the "we don't have any receivers" camp, the only thing that having better receivers does is takes more pressure off of BJ to make the right read. Griffin may be able to shake a DB and get more open than Bravo-Brown, even if BJ is staring him down. Love may be able to break away from someone and make a catch that Hornes isn't capable of. They'll make BJ look better, but, it won't be because he's suddenly making the right decisions.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

From a thought process....

1. Has Syracuse improved and no longer holding the BE down?

2. Is USF in it's VERY FIRST transition period in it's young existence?

3. Are we as fans so use to a roller coaster season that we've over looked 1 and 2 above?

I'm as perplexed as the next, but from a historical standpoint UF, FSU, and Miami have all gone through this and went on to be National Champions. 

Syracuse has been improving the last 2 years.

Sure this is a transition period.  To some extent college teams are transitioning every year.  You lose anywhere from 15 - 20 players each year.  But this year is entirely different for USF;  a new coach for the first time in their history, players that were divided by how the former coach was fired and then the normal loss of players. 

If you follow teams other than USF, you would have seen improvement in Syracuse and shouldn't be surprised.  They aren't going to win the BE, but we now know they won't finish last.  That dubious distinction will belong to us this year.

Archived