• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now Wisconsin has a BAND!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure how many were at the outback bowl, but i attended, and was truly impressed with their band.  They had a ton of energy, and swagger in their step.  We need to send reps up there for consultation.  Sorry to those on here who are in HOT, but your leadership has done you wrong, and aftr watching uw and ug's bands, I am sorry to say we are light years behind.

Hats of to the UW student sections as well.  They got the wave going like  I have never seen.  First trip around the stadium was normal, then as it approached the student section, they did it in very slow motion.  It continued around the stadium like that, then they did it super fast, which the stadium copied, then they got it to reverse back the other way, and finally got it to go in 2 directions.  This was all consective, with only one attempt for each different type of wave.  

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure they direct more money to their bands then we do.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

i've never seen Wisconsin's band live, but it's not about money as much as it is style.  We have a great band for the leadership they've had.  It's just that a college band that gets noticed is not their for art; they're a show.  I think the majority of the Big 10 bands, a few bands from the MAC (if you can believe it ---especially Ohio) and a couple from the SEC just have something special to deliver.  It blows my mind that we continue to see an artsy band....do the directors ever have an opportunity to get the flavor from other schools?  If we had a band like Wisconsin, you would make sure you were in your seat for pre-game.  The game atmosphere starts right there and sets the tone for the fans.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Agree with you, our band is not bad, i know some here object to the music they played fame after game.But thats the problem musically its a great but for a football atmosphere its not up to par. Unfourtunately this is a problem that many band directors fail to understand, what is the purpose of a band at a college football game? A band director can look at his band and say boy they are playing great but in fact they are boring the hell out of their audience. Its all about playing to your audience.

Guest Steve A.

The assistant director for UCF is planning on working on his masters this next year at USF.  I think he may be working with your program as well in some capacity.  He does a lot of the music stuff with Disney, writes (music and drill) for many Florida high schools and UCF.  He also wrote one of the shows that your band performed - a Motown show.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The assistant director for UCF is planning on working on his masters this next year at USF.  I think he may be working with your program as well in some capacity.  He does a lot of the music stuff with Disney, writes (music and drill) for many Florida high schools and UCF.  He also wrote one of the shows that your band performed - a Motown show.

As long as his name isn't Brian May .......

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Disney, motown, high school drill, UCF....  ::)

i'll pass.... can we please get someone with some sense of a collegiate atmosphere, it's so bad that I thought it was a drastic improvement that they started playing something quick when we got a first down

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

I went to the Outback Bowl and in my opinion, both schools had awesome bands. Watching the game made me realize what big time college football is like.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I went to the Outback Bowl and in my opinion, both schools had awesome bands. Watching the game made me realize what big time college football is like.

Agreed - I was there and the WI students were unbelieveable with their choreographed moves - jumping, shifting wave, etc.  My first experience with really involved college fans and seeing what RayJay could be like on Saturdays.

All the GA fans I saw were a bit pompus-rednecky and yelled more insults at WI fans than in support of their own team.  One of them pointed at my Bulls shirt (in the bathroom nonetheless), made some nasty comment about the NBE and tried to get his other GA buddies to join in the heckling.  I talked to a few WI folks who were much friendlier and asked questions about Tampa and the stadium.