• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we got cannons!

Should we continue to use the cannons  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Connection......Those weren't cannons, they were bombs....USF was built on what was formerly a bombing range for  Hillsborough Army Airfield (WWII).

:clap

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

As for the band being the only music in the stadium, you can't hear them everywhere in the stadium.  We moved our seats to be closer to the band because we couldn't hear them.  And now, only a few sections but behind them, we still barely can hear them.

They need to be mic'd.... UF's band was mic'd... it's the only way you'll ever be able to hear them with the acoustics of RJS.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Hold on, the dislike on this for som has merit.  The similiarity to the Bucs is what many of us do not like, and the fact cannons have absolutely nothing to do with USF or our history.  I can get around the ties to USF, but not to the Bucs.  We look like petty copycats, it's bad enough we're in their stadium, modeled and color coordinated for them, advertisements paid with their logo...but then we copy their scoring deal?  What TSA wouldn't allow us to do something else so we bent over again for them like we always do?

That should be more understandable even to the people that like it, more understandable then someone not liking it because it's loud, or silly.

Firstly, if it wasn't for any type of agreement with TSA, we probably wouldn't exist as a football program since there was no suitable place for us to play when we began 13 years ago.

Secondly, what makes you think the cannons are TSA's doing?  I bet athletics had more to do with it than you think.

You ever heard of the word "Rhetorical" you idiot?  Re-read, and then take a chill-pill.

However, please don't crown TSA with such a halo.  They've been accomodating, but not that accomodating for USF.  BTW, did you get your 'tent permit yet'. ::)

My bad for not being able to read your emphasis from text written on a page, no need for name calling.

As for the TSA, I am in no way making them to be the nice guys.  I know some of their tactics are questionable, but it's probably all part of the deal we signed with them to play at their facilities.  The best idea for us would be to sit down with TSA and make it so we are an equal tenant as the Bucs, rather than a secondary tenant to the Bucs.

I would be interested to see if the contract we are currently in with the TSA is the original one from way back when we started football and when it expires.

Agreed, TSA runs with a very iron fist.  The latest agreement is a new one, and has been renewed several times.  I forgot how long the new one runs until.

Archived