• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kenneth Myers WR- First Coast. Jacksonville.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Kenneth is a 3 star on Rivals and ESPN. This is a nice interview with WVU writer. Check out his top 3.

August 3rd, 2010 | Author: AllEers

Gold and Blue Zone recently caught up with Kenneth Myers. Myers is a 6′2, 185 pound wide receiver from First Coast High School in Jacksonville, FL.

Myers has an impressive offer sheet that includes offers from West Virginia, South Florida, Louisville, Illinois, and Ole Miss. He was nice enough to take the time to sit down and answer a few questions for us about his recruitment and his upcoming senior season.

GBZ: What do you think your strengths are as a wideout?

KM: my strengths as a wide out are my great routes, my hands, ball skills, my size and I’m very physical

GBZ: What do you feel you need to improve on as a player?

KM: I think I need to improve on my speed and vision after the catch

GBZ: What have you done this summer to work on your game? Have you attended many team or individual camps?

KM: I have seen great talent at camps down south and in Atlanta and I compete against my teammates all the time I workout at my house to increase my self confidence and work ethic and I also do a lot of footwork drills

GBZ: Are there any players in college or the NFL that you try to pattern your game after, or that you would compare yourself to as a wide receiver?

KM: I always watch Chad Johnson

GBZ: What has the recruiting process been like for you so far? Are you enjoying it, or has it been stressful?

KM: I didn’t think it would be so much like a business. I have enjoyed it, but yes its very stressful

GBZ: When did you first start following West Virginia football? Did you follow them at all before they started recruiting you?

KM: Yes when I found out that Noel Devine was going there because he’s from my home town Fort Myers Florida I grew up watching him play in the same pop warner league as me

GBZ: WVU is pretty well known for recruiting a lot of players from the state of Florida. Does that have any impact on you as a recruit knowing that there are several players from your home state on the WVU roster?

KM: I think that’s great because it feels good to know Florida stands out for WVU recruiting. It feels good to be going somewhere different when we’re used to Florida with the heat. Nothing like the weather in west Virginia

GBZ: Out of all the schools that have offered you, which ones really stand out to you? Do you have a top 3 or top 5? Can you put them in any order?

KM: West Virginia, USF and Louisville

GBZ: Who is your lead recruiter at WVU?

KM: Lonnie Galloway

GBZ: There has been a lot of talk that you would like to commit to WVU, but you need to visit the campus first. Is there any truth to this?

KM: Yes, that is true. I was told that we have to visit before I can commit. I would like to be able to do that as soon as possible. Because I want to be able to focus on my senior year and not have the stress of not knowing where I will be attending College after I graduate. I really would not have thought I would be this stressed in playing the waiting game

GBZ: Coach Stewart is asking all recruits to visit campus with their parents before they commit this year. What are your thoughts on WVU’s new recruiting policy? Do you think it could be a good thing?

KM: I’m not sure how I feel about that decision, because this is my first time in the recruiting game. I think it has it’s pros and cons. I found out that one recruit can get up there early to visit and commit, but the recruit that can’t get up there misses out because WVU won’t need any more players in that position, I Pray the later does not happen to me. I do believe in the Power of Prayer. I really can’t wait to visit WVU and know that is where I will be for the next 4 years of my life

GBZ: Are you planning on visiting West Virginia soon? Do you know a date?

KM: As soon as possible, but we haven’t set up a official date. My Parents and I very, very excited about WVU and all it has to offer.

GBZ: What are your goals for your senior season? Team goals and individual goals.

KM: My team goals are to be a great leader and win state and be a team player. My personal goals are to work on my negatives and better myself personally and have more stats than I had in my junior season. I want to concentrate on continuing to make good grades.

http://goldandbluezone.com/football/recruiting/interview-with-2011-wr-kenneth-myers/

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

And before everyone jumps all over me, Kenneth has stated that he "may" commit when he visits WVU soon. We are still in the running and I would hope he takes an official here before he decides.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

KM: I’m not sure how I feel about that decision, because this is my first time in the recruiting game. I think it has it’s pros and cons. I found out that one recruit can get up there early to visit and commit, but the recruit that can’t get up there misses out because WVU won’t need any more players in that position, I Pray the later does not happen to me. I do believe in the Power of Prayer. I really can’t wait to visit WVU and know that is where I will be for the next 4 years of my life

"May" commit?  Sounds like will commit. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

And before everyone jumps all over me, Kenneth has stated that he "may" commit when he visits WVU soon. We are still in the running and I would hope he takes an official here before he decides.

But the article is a month and a half old and it looked like he kind of wanted to get things squared away before his season started .... Nothing newer on him?

Archived