• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Sure. We lost. But this is the excuse that a UF friend of mine gave me regarding Urban's reputation for running up the score...

"That's just giving our guys the opportunity to work under pressure. And we need to give the second team practice."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't "run up the score"...

USF couldn't stop their running game.  That is our fault... there is no need for the Gators to stop running an offense.  If USF can't stop 'em, they deserve to score more points.

• Content Count:  821

They didn't "run up the score"...

USF couldn't stop their running game.  That is our fault... there is no need for the Gators to stop running an offense.  If USF can't stop 'em, they deserve to score more points.

+1

• Content Count:  2,019

They were running up the score.  And it was aggrevating.  But... they were the #8 team going up against an unranked opponent.  They did what they had to for a redemption in the polls.

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it's running up the score when their kicker sucks worse than ours have the last few years. We're also talking about a game that we lost by 24, not 44. Crying RUTS is UCF-like.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

They were running up the score.  And it was aggrevating.  But... they were the #8 team going up against an unranked opponent.  They did what they had to for a redemption in the polls.

Didn't help

• Content Count:  2,187

Didn't help

Pollsters must have only seen the first half. UF dominated the second half like a top 10 team should have.

They weren't running up the score... they primarily ran the ball right up the middle most of the time after they went up 28-14... I think their last TD was the only pass they threw after that point.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

It became running up the score when the Gator's went for it on a 4th down in mid field towards the end of the game. Then they through a touchdown but thats the game I guess they have to play to compete for championships.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I didn't think it was running up the score. I agree....Florida has the SEC schedule coming up with a lot of new players. I get him trying to get some more plays in.

Also as mentioned....when you are in the top 10 in the polls....you don't want anyone to notice it was 7-7 at halftime....you need there to be some spread between those 2 numbers so I get it. No biggie.

Archived