• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

High Praise from Urban Meyer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Gee, thanks coach.

Meyer said he considersUSF a top-15 team based on talent..."This is an SEC-caliber team we're playing"

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100906/ARTICLES/100909680/1136?p=3&tc=pg

My take: its week 2, nobody knows much about anything. Just coach speak. Plus, its Urban Meyer talking, so you already know its a bunch of BS.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Insurance.  Hype us up so it doesn't look as bad if he loses.

We were SEC quality, though.  Not top-tier SEC quality, but we are certainly better than some SEC teams.  And top-15 in talent?  Perhaps not that high *shrug*

• Content Count:  771

granted it was stoney brook but I feel a lot better about the receiving core after last week.  Hopefully we don't have any gaffes on special teams this week. 

• Content Count:  5

Urban Meyer and Hotlz know each other very well and both have a lot of respect for each others program. At least UF is recognizing the potential and talent on this team. I just wish that the Media would feel the same. :clap

• Content Count:  1,479

Oh that's like saying "We're awfully good" he doesnt believe a word of it.

• Content Count:  31

At least UF is recognizing the potential and talent on this team. I just wish that the Media would feel the same. :clap

The media loves sensationalism and drama.  What "drama" will come from a potential USF victory if both teams are perceived as equal?  In my opinion USF has some very talented guys that could play at UF.  I'm sure most on this board know that.  Will the average Joe reading the newspaper on Sunday morning know that?  Media channels don't report facts.  They report the opinions they want you to believe as facts. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There is a reason Meyer has won so many games.  His teams are well prepared and don't overlook any opponent.  He also doesn't say many stupid things.

No bulletin board fodder this week.

• Content Count:  5

At least UF is recognizing the potential and talent on this team. I just wish that the Media would feel the same. :clap

The media loves sensationalism and drama.  What "drama" will come from a potential USF victory if both teams are perceived as equal?  In my opinion USF has some very talented guys that could play at UF.  I'm sure most on this board know that.  Will the average Joe reading the newspaper on Sunday morning know that?  Media channels don't report facts.  They report the opinions they want you to believe as facts. 

The media does love sensationalism and I am hoping that his comments will spark some of that drama. If USF does manage to pull off a victory in the swamp (I think that we can), we should learn from our mistakes after FSU and avoid any highway billboards. The biggest praise I have about Holtz is that he does a great job of keeping this team grounded. If we win in the Swamp, Miami and our conference then we can mark the arrival of USF's program as a member of the "Big 4" in Florida.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

We'll see where he votes us  ;)

Archived