• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TE Nick O'Leary, Dwyer

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Nick-O'Leary-93564?colleges=show#college_choices

Saw this kid on ESPN today, they played a team in OH ... team was robbed! Final minute they had a TD pass in End Zone and 1 QB Sneak from thew one - BOTH should  have been TD's amazingly sad.

Back to the subject at hand. This kid looked great! Taller than he looked and could be an amazing FB for us.

Never been so excited about this position. Watched the game and this kid was great. Never heard of him and then see he's the #1 TE prospect and now know this game wasn't a fluke.

Get a chance, watch him !

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

that kid had a great game and so did the defensive end he was flying around and the quarter back was very clutch but that little speedy receiver made that unbelievable catch in the last minute I hope were after some of those  guys

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Saw O'Leary play against Niceville last year in the playoffs and was very impressed. Hes also a hell of a golfer. Gets it from his granddad i suppose. 

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Doesn't look like we are are too far up his list. Maybe a Florida win, and a little Holtz razzle dazzle will change that.

"Miami and Florida State seem to be atop O'Leary's list, and Alabama, Georgia (where his father studied) and North Carolina also are strongly in the running. O'Leary said he doesn't plan to make his pick until the end of the high school season, with hopes that Dwyer can pull off another deep run in the state tournament."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jLCTFO_EMA1h381L6zhByK8L-bfwD9I00DGG0

Doesn't say what he was suspended for

Report: Top recruit O'Leary suspended 2 games

Thursday, September 9, 2010

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- 

The Palm Beach Post is reporting that one of the nation's top recruits has been suspended for two games for making an obscene gesture after a contest in Ohio this week.

Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) Dwyer tight end Nick O'Leary, the grandson of golf legend Jack Nicklaus, was sanctioned by the Florida High School Athletic Association for actions after a game against Cleveland Glenville High.

The FHSAA did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Dwyer lost to Glenville 26-22 Monday, although television replays showed the reigning Florida Class 4A champions twice scored what should have been a go-ahead touchdown in the final moments.

O'Leary had nine catches for 152 yards. He's considered by many the top tight end recruit in the country this season.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/ap/september/149072/Report:-Top-recruit-OLeary-suspended-2-games

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The Palm Beach Post is reporting that one of the nation's top recruits has been suspended for two games for making an obscene gesture after a contest in Ohio this week.

Are you looking for the media to be more specific on the type of obscene gesture he made?  :)

Here's an article with the details. What a Team, coach is  really standing behind the kid.

FHSAA suspends Nick O'Leary for obscene gesture; Dwyer says it will forfeit rather than play without him

* By MATT PORTER Palm Beach Post

* TCPalm

* Posted September 9, 2010 at 8:57 a.m

Dwyer High's loss to Cleveland-Glenville on Labor Day in a season-opening game televised by ESPN received national attention because of two disputed calls in the final moments that apparently cost the Panthers a winning touchdown.

Dwyer star Nick O'Leary, frustrated by the calls and taunting by Glenville players, responded with an obscene gesture that was caught on camera and replayed continually on TV and the Internet.

The Florida High School Athletic Association took action against O'Leary on Wednesday, suspending him for two games, Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said.

Daniels, angered by the FHSAA ruling, said late Wednesday that the Panthers would not play without O'Leary and would instead forfeit the games.

"We think it's a bunch of crap," said Daniels. "There are no repercussions for the adults who made the calls on the field, but there is for an 18-year-old kid who reacted in the heat of the moment.

"You have a kid who has busted his butt since August. He played 140 snaps against Glenville, on both sides, punting and returning kicks. He was frustrated."

O'Leary, a senior, is among the top prospects in the country at tight end and is the grandson of golf legend Jack Nicklaus, who attended the game at Ohio State in Columbus.

The Panthers are scheduled to host Palm Beach Gardens on Saturday and Pahokee on Sept. 17.

The team disciplined O'Leary for the gesture but did not suspend him from any games.

"We handled it internally. Nick knew he was wrong," Daniels said.

After the FHSAA called Dwyer and learned that O'Leary had not been suspended by the school, the organization imposed its own penalty, Daniels said.

FHSAA spokesman Seth Polansky said via e-mail late Wednesday that he could not comment on the situation until Thursday morning.

Palm Beach Gardens coach Chris Davis said his team would like to play against Dwyer on Saturday, but he feels for O'Leary and his teammates.

"I can't comprehend the emotions that are going on in that locker room," said Davis. "I can understand that they would take that stance in support of Nick, against what happened in Ohio."

Dwyer and Cleveland-Glenville, national powers in high school football, were invited to Columbus for the Kirk Herbstreit National Kickoff Classic.

Herbstreit, an ESPN college football commentator, said earlier Wednesday that he was distraught over the way things turned out.

"It made me sick to my stomach," he said on The Joe Rose Show on 560-WQAM.

"I was with a buddy of mine. He played high school football with me, and I said, 'Imagine if we flew down to Florida to play one of their better teams and we drove the last drive and scored the winning touchdown and a Florida referee looked us in the eye and said, 'Nope.'

"And we scored another winning touchdown and a Florida referee said, 'Nope.' And we scored a third winning touchdown and a Florida referee said 'Nope.' "

"I mean, I'd feel like O'Leary, too. I mean, I'd be upset, too."

Palm Beach Gardens' Davis agreed.

"I felt like Kirk Herbstreit," he said. "They were representing Florida, and we were all behind them. Every school in the state was that day, and I think we all got robbed."

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/sep/09/fhsaa-suspends-nick-oleary-obscene-gesture-dwyer-s/

Are you looking for the media to be more specific on the type of obscene gesture he made?  :)

Yeah, I guess ESPN showed it a bunch of times.

• 5 weeks later...

Nick doesn't talk much about USF but Jacoby continues to have us on his short list.

Tar Heel Times 

Posted Thursday, October 07, 2010

Jacoby Brissett, Nick O'Leary may be a package deal

Coveted tight end Nick O'Leary has made it clear that his decision will be based on available playing time and a strong relationship with the coaching staff at his eventual home. But Dwyer quarterback Jacoby Brissett, O'Leary's friend and teammate, plays into the equation as well. "Me and Jacoby are going to try to go to the same school for sure," O'Leary said. Brissett has narrowed his choices down to Wisconsin, LSU, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida State, and USF

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article27382.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TarHeelTimes+%28Tar+Heel+Times%29

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

if anyone saw the way the game ended, i would have likely done an obscene gesture as well. the live video of the game made it a lot worse

Archived