• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers really manhandling Norfolk State at the half

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That Rutgers is going to have a middle of the Big East kind of year like USF does when it plays only half a game against a team they should score 60 points on.

Rutgers has OL and WR issues that are wll documented. I totally understand what you're saying, but they also didn't give up any points, which is a good sign for them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

That Rutgers is going to have a middle of the Big East kind of year like USF does when it plays only half a game against a team they should score 60 points on.

Rutgers has OL and WR issues that are wll documented. I totally understand what you're saying, but they also didn't give up any points, which is a good sign for them.

A few minutes into the 2nd qtr the commentators were saying how all the big plays up until them had been made by Norfolk State, a 1aa team that has had 2 winning seasons in the past 13 years and in those 2 winning seasons only won games by an average of 1 point . That's not a good sign.

A few minutes into the 2nd qtr the commentators were saying how all the big plays up until them had been made by Norfolk State, a 1aa team that has had 2 winning seasons in the past 13 years and in those 2 winning seasons only won games by an average of 1 point . That's not a good sign.

Rutgers has usually started off slow and gotten better as the season has progressed. I distinctly remember them starting off 2008 badly and we all thought we'd beat them with ease. They came in here and kicked our asses all over the field.

1 game does not make a season. They may have looked bad last night, but there is plenty of time to improve. I am sure Pitt and USC's defense are saying the same thing.

Rutgers has usually started off slow and gotten better as the season has progressed. I distinctly remember them starting off 2008 badly and we all thought we'd beat them with ease. They came in here and kicked our asses all over the field.

1 game does not make a season. They may have looked bad last night, but there is plenty of time to improve. I am sure Pitt and USC's defense are saying the same thing.

You are quoting me from the Pitt thread. Only difference was Pitt played a good team. Norfolk over the past decade and a half usually wins 1 game a season and that is against another horrid 1aa team. Utah just won its 17th home game in a row. Big difference.

Definitely a big difference in opponent between the 2, but I am not going to base their entire season off of their first game. There are some things I'd be concerned about if I were Pitt based on what I saw last night, but there are correctible.

Pitt could very well rebound and beat Miami in 2 weeks. Rutgers could be as bad as they showed in the first half. We'll know more in the next few weeks.

Definitely a big difference in opponent between the 2, but I am not going to base their entire season off of their first game. There are some things I'd be concerned about if I were Pitt based on what I saw last night, but there are correctible.

Pitt could very well rebound and beat Miami in 2 weeks. Rutgers could be as bad as they showed in the first half. We'll know more in the next few weeks.

Yeah, they need to play a real team. They definitely adjusted at the half, but their coming out with a USF first half lackluster attitude was kind of different.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

how can ru players get up for such a crummy team

big east teams need toplay real teams every game

how can ru players get up for such a crummy team

big east teams need toplay real teams every game

Rutgers is guilty of playing the worst OOC schedule in the league year in and year out.

Archived