• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown To Kickoff Subject #6 - Show Me The Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Show Me The Money

You may have heard this phrase coming from the field at Doak Campbell Stadium last year. It would have been coming from no other than Jason Pierre-Paul after every one of his crushing plays against FSU. It has been said over and over again that this one game put him on the map and eventually led to him raking in millions of dollars as a first round pick. He was presented a big stage as an unknown junior defensive end and he went all Carpe diem (JPP seized the day).

So fast forward to September 11th at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium where the stage will be even bigger. Remember in a previous thread I mentioned this is a no holds barred game. Essentially whatever it takes to beat the Gatas. This means BJ is not a pocket passer until the next game two weeks later. This also means that we have to contain the Gatas top offfensive weapon Jeff Demps while we are constanly sending pressure from different angles at Brantley.

So what did it take for the team to get up for the Auburn and FSU games? If all the normal things do not work like pep rally, fans, cheerleaders, Rocky, hot co-eds, remote camp locations or pre-game speech.....then let it be the money!

So on to our Bulls selections for "Show Me The Money" (1 from Offense, 1 from Defense):

Offense

Who is currently our best NFL prospect.....that would be our Senior Center Sampson Genus. He has a loud-mouth guy on the other team playing the same position who probably feels he is a lock for the first round. He needs to keep BJ clean and show that we can run up the middle with Battles / Murray.

Defense

After watching today's replay of 2009 FSU UF game, it became evident who we need to stop. All of the 2009 offense was produced from Tebow, Cooper, Nelson, Hernandez and Demps. Guess what, only Demps returns in 2010 and he is part of our two priorities on defense. First prioritiy is to send pressure at Brantley from all angles. Second priority is to contain Demps. Our Senior SAM Linebacker Jacquian Williams is my defensive selection for Show Me The Money. Leavitt claimed he is the fastest linebacker he ever saw. Watch his Vero Beach video and you will realize that he is one sculpted dude. He has the body to wreak havoc on Brantley and hopefully the speed to get to Demps before he turns the corner. My honorable mention selection for Defense would be Terrell McClain.

Who is your Junior / Senior  selections that could have a breakout game against the Gatas?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'll go with David Bedford and Craig Marshall. Both players should have a good game against them.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Technically our QB will be draft eligible. Go get em BJ.

On D gotta go with the walk on turned starting corner. Get a pick six Mistral and join the growing line of USF DBs who have played on Sundays.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I like Williams, but Demps runs an absurd 100 meter dash (10.01) and dont expect anyone on our team to keep up with him (maybe Mitchell).

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I like Williams, but Demps runs an absurd 100 meter dash (10.01) and dont expect anyone on our team to keep up with him (maybe Mitchell).

Actually, his PR is 9.96 in the 100.

A couple of years ago, Derrick Hopkins came in 2nd to Demps in the 100 at the Florida relays. Hopkins had him beat for the first 40 meters, before Demps blew by him to run 10.17. Demps probably was saving himself to run the longer distance.

This year Demps ran 6.56 in the 60 meters. By comparison, Hopkins ran 6.80 and Lamar 6.77.

Mitchell, is not quite as fast as Hopkins or Lamar.

Hopefully, some USF player will at least slow Demps down enough for some other player to catch him.  ;D

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Thanks for the clarification Mama. I was unaware of the sub-ten second time, but you clearly got my point.

Archived