• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF verbal OLB Antoine Pozniak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANTOINE POZNIAK ATH-OAK RIDGE MILITARY ACADEMY, OAK RIDGE, NORTH CAROLINA CLASS OF 2011

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Is he any good?

He apparently was a 2010 recruit and is now reclassified for 2011. Gamecock fans seem to know all about him.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=2181076

May 20, 2010

Pozniak to get a lot of looks this summer

By Phil Kornblut

LB Antoine Pozniak (6-3 215) of Oak Ridge Military, NC will go into the summer with one offer from Illinois. But there's a long list of schools which will scout him this fall with a scholarship offer in mind. Those schools include USC, LSU, Nebraska, Pitt, Michigan, Rutgers, Central Florida, Cal, East Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, NC State, Oregon, South Florida and Tennessee. Pozniak plans to attend several camps this summer including one at USC. He's not claiming any favorites.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100520/PSPORTS02/100529968/-1/PSPORTS

Evaluation

Pozniak is somewhat of a raw talent who works hard to get around the football with a consistent degree of success. Possesses the size with enough athleticism for the outside linebacker position at the major level of competition; displays the open field tackling skills which should allow for production...

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/player?id=105823&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fplayer%3fid%3d105823

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

From the Cocky Talk thread:

By Phil Kornblut

LB Antoine Pozniak (6-3 220) of Hamberg, NJ feels his first offers are not that far off. Pozniak attended USC's Showcase Camp last month and has the Gamecocks' interest. "Depending on my SAT score, coach Mangus is going to offer in October," Pozniak said. "I think Penn State and Syracuse are close to offering, too. Penn State is waiting on my SAT though they've kind lf told me I have it." Pozniak will visit Syracuse this Friday. He's also visited Southern Cal. Pozniak also is getting interest from Buffalo, LSU and Southeast Missouri. Pozniak, who had 110 tackles last season, said he could grow into a defensive end.

By Phil Kornblut

LB Antoine Pozniak (6-3 215) of Oak Ridge Military, NC will go into the summer with one offer from Illinois. But there's a long list of schools which will scout him this fall with a scholarship offer in mind. Those schools include USC, LSU, Nebraska, Pitt, Michigan, Rutgers, Central Florida, Cal, East Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, NC State, Oregon, South Florida and Tennessee. Pozniak plans to attend several camps this summer including one at USC. He's not claiming any favorites.

Originally Posted by tampa2 

and his broad jump is around 10 feet. he used to run 400m hurdles in the low 50's. i was at a combine he was at and seen it myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampa2 

i dont have a link. but he also plays te and de. his wing span was measured at usc at over 80 inches. at another camp his verticle was in the 30's.

OLB Antoine Pozniak, 6-3/220 Hamburg (N.J.) Wallkill Valley Regional

ASSETS: Good overall body structure and very physical in pass coverage.

WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE AT CAMP: Pozniak manhandled the smaller running backs like a like a jackhammer smashing concrete.

ON THE HOOF: Has the body structure to play all three linebacker positions at the next level. I can see him playing at 235 to 240 pounds with low body fat. He physically looks like a young Brian Simmons from UNC and the NFL.

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

http://nationalunderclassmen.ning.com/profile/AntoinePozniak

Height

6'3

Weight

Offensive Position

TE/RB/WR/QB

Defensive Position

OLB/MLB/DE

Special Teams Position(s)

LONG SNAPPER

Best 40 Yard Dash

Best Shuttle Run

Best Broad Jump

10ft

Best Vertical Jump

35ft

Most Reps on Bench Press 185

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

I love the size we're getting. Him, Caprice, and Bullock are all 6'2" or taller and another guy originally from New Jersey. Looks and sounds like a great pick up.

About the Oak Ridge FB team:

INDEPENDENT

OAK RIDGE MILITARY ACADEMY

Coach: Otis Yelverton, first season.

New faces: WR Nigel King, WR Kenzel Doe, LB Antoine Pozniak, OL William Foxx, DT Brandon King, RB Rashad Hall, RB Jermaine Clark, DB Torian Patterson, QB Lamar McKnight, WR Chris Lampkins, DB Nick Freeman.

This season: A startup team playing an independent schedule. Oak Ridge has assembled 34 players, including several prized Division I recruits, and WILL open its 11-game regular season today at West Brunswick. The biggest hurdle is getting this collection of talent to play as a team as opposed to as individuals, Yelverton said.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/08/20/article/high_school_football_capsules

Archived