• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just looked the Bucs and Bulls Schedules

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Because believing the Bucs will just pick up and move overnight, leaving the stadium to us, is some fairy tale stuff.

I bet that the Seattle Supersonics fans, and the Charlotte Hornets fans, would disagree with your "Fairy tale" comment.

You left out the most infamous overnight getaway of them all ....

Colts+bailing+on+Baltimore.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Because believing the Bucs will just pick up and move overnight, leaving the stadium to us, is some fairy tale stuff.

I bet that the Seattle Supersonics fans, and the Charlotte Hornets fans, would disagree with your "Fairy tale" comment.

I don't know what's worse, the overnight move, or just the fact that Modell (sic) took the Browns to Baltimore. I was just mentioning pretty recent examples. In my lifetime alone, Colts, Cardinals, Rams, Raiders (away and back), and oilers. Of course on a more obscure level, Winnepeg, Hartford and Quebec.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I don't know what's worse, the overnight move, or just the fact that Modell (sic) took the Browns to Baltimore. I was just mentioning pretty recent examples. In my lifetime alone, Colts, Cardinals, Rams, Raiders (away and back), and oilers. Of course on a more obscure level, Winnepeg, Hartford and Quebec.

Don't forget the Montreal Expos, Kansas City Athletics, St Louis Hawks, San Diego Rockets, Cincinnati Royals/Kansas City Kings, Buffalo Braves, New Orleans Jazz, San Diego Clippers, Vancouver Grizzles, Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies(NHL) and Minnesota North Stars. There are others also (Brooklyn Dodogers, Minneapolis Lakers), but these happened in my life.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

The sky is falling.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The sky is falling.

Thank you Captain No Clue. You ridiculed my post about the Bucs leaving Ray Jay. I presented examples, and others have presented even more. All you can come up with "The sky is falling"?

Guest nybullsfan

Anybody hear anything else about the possibility of the Stony Brook game being broadcast nationally on NBC, which had been mentioned on the board a week or so ago?  Or was the poster just being sarcastic?

This.

Figured...Guess I am stuck hoping that the game is on ESPN3

It is - it's already on the airtime schedule.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

I see it as the opposite, eventually the bucs will play the "the area doesn't support us card" and demand some more assanine consessions. They move, and we take over the stadium and seats are changed from red to green. Hey Ray Jay looks awesome in NCAA 11. I'd take exclusive use of Ray Jay over an OCS.

I feel like I'm on a UCF board. But at least it's not as far out as the guy saying we should just take over Tropicana field once the Rays leave.

Please forgive my ignorance, but how does wanting to stay in a state of the art football facility equate to a ucf board? Maybe I don't know, because I've never been on a ucf board.

A couple of things.

It's quite possible that the voters of H.C. are tired of subsidizing the income of billionaires.

The "we must have a major sports team to be a relevant city" days are coming to an end. If you were to start seeing friends and co-workers getting laid off while your employer continues to give away the farm, you might think differently about things.

True, but in the case of the Sonics and Hornets, quality of the playing venue was in question.  I do not think the Bucs have this issue with Rayjay.

Archived