• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scout USF Prospects - Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Why would you go to the doormat of the SEC?

I think it had something to do with his grandmother having a "vision." NO KIDDING!

We've had something like that happen before, both for and against us in recruiting.

Thanks Mama_Bull.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Why would you go to the doormat of the SEC?

I think it had something to do with his grandmother having a "vision." NO KIDDING!

We've had something like that happen before, both for and against us in recruiting.

Thanks Mama_Bull.

Here is the free blurb on that from Rivals.

Kentucky lands speedy athlete commit

07/29/2010 Rivals.com Football Recruiting

A lot of different factors can play into the college decision for high school football prospects. On Thursday, Griffin, Ga. wide receiver Nile Daniel made his verbal commitment to the Kentucky Wildcats and one of those factors happened to be a grandmother's vision.

CB Jerome Murphy had a "vision" about playing at Raymond James stadium and that got him to commit to USF.

On the flip side, RB Dexter McCluster, who had given USF a verbal, had a "vision" that G-d wanted him to play for Mississippi and he signed with them.

Both players are now in the NFL.

I'm sure there were more

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

So far I see little difference in the players we are signing and what we have in the last JL/Holtz year.  The year before was a better class imo then last years and this so far.  Time will tell on the field how good these guys are in a couple of years on the field

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

So far I see little difference in the players we are signing and what we have in the last JL/Holtz year.  The year before was a better class imo then last years and this so far.  Time will tell on the field how good these guys are in a couple of years on the field

I agree. The recruiting class the year before, was by far our best and a concensus top 30. If CJL hadn't been fired, we probably would have ended up with a better class than we actually did, but it most likely wouldn't have been rated higher than the prior year. Most of us anticipated another breakthrough in recruiting by beating FSU and WVU, but the three beatdowns by RU, Pitt and UM and the untimely dismissal of Leavitt, set us back.

Archived