• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA seems to cracking down hard-Florida being looked at

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

insane

coaches and schools make billions but kids are suppose to be poor

soooooooo  unfair

That is the deal.. they sign up for it.  Kids are more than welcome to forgo college, play semi-pro somewhere for three years, then try out for the NFL.  Taken on the whole, the NCAA gives an incredibly opportunity to thousands of athletes.  Most scholarship players never make a dollar playing football, but they get a valuable college education.  The few that sell lots of shirts and tickets, you know, they knew the deal coming in.

In my opinion the problem is the player taking the money doesn't face any of the consequences.  It will be the school - which he may or may not feel loyalty toward.  I'd have players sign a contract spelling out agreed upon penalties, related to harming the reputation of the NCAA and their school.  If they take $100,000 from an agent they should be in breach of their contract with the NCAA and liable for 10x in damages. 

Also, agree with the original point that the agent should loose his license as well.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sounds to me like the Gayturds are throwing themselves at the mercy of the NCAA which makes me think this was very, very bad...

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

they self reported, if I'm reading this right:

Florida is internally investigating what sources described as an allegation that a representative of an agent paid Pouncey $100,000 between the Gators' loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game to Alabama and their season-ending Sugar Bowl victory over Cincinnati. Florida apprised the NCAA of the allegation after it became aware of it.

"We were made aware of some information in early June that we reported to law enforcement and we then shared with the NCAA and the SEC," athletic director Jeremy Foley said in a statement released Monday morning to ESPN.com. "At this time we have no information that has indicated that there are any compliance issues for the University of Florida."

That is exactly what I was thinking when I read this.....the NCAA isn't laying the smack down....UF told on itself and that will probably be the end of it.  Maybe they will have to vacate their win....whoop te doo.

Archived