• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated Campus Map with new Athletic Facilities

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Check out this updated campus map (zoom in for more detail) which shows all the new athletic facilities.  In the future we could put an OCS in the "Meadows" area.

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/USF%20KIOSK%20MAP_061710%2036%20x%2042.pdf

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

There's no way that area would be big enough for an OCS.  It doesn't matter anyways.  That's a long way away.

If you locate the OCS in this area you could combine a dorm / retail space / stadium deal so we could get the state to fund a portion of the project (similar to what FSU did to upgrade their stadium).

• Content Count:  771

The north east would probably be the spot unless they purchased land around the campus to build an ocs.

Guest nybullsfan

Good find on the graphic, ATL, thanks!

Seeing all the new stuff makes me think this is where the OCS will go. (See attachment. I used Papa John's as the model, made it a bowl, and scaled it using the new soccer field as 100 yards)

• Content Count:  4,738

where is the OCS? this map is not complete

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There's no way that area would be big enough for an OCS.  It doesn't matter anyways.  That's a long way away.

Right now by my count and by looking at this map USF has the following options to build an OCS...

(1). Build it where the current Track & Field Stadium (ole Soccer Stadium) currently is located.

(2). Build it in the "Meadows" area... however I think that it is a nature preserve / swamp right now.

(3). Purchase the University Mall and partially tear it down. Leave some of it standing to serve as retail space. Of course this would also involve the purchasing of the property around the mall... it would be a massive project and a butt load of $$$.

Did I miss any areas?

Check out this updated campus map (zoom in for more detail) which shows all the new athletic facilities.  In the future we could put an OCS in the "Meadows" area.

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/USF%20KIOSK%20MAP_061710%2036%20x%2042.pdf

That area has a lot of wetland area -- the "wavy" line through that section of the map outlines the wetland area.

I'm not sure if developing that has been approved or not.  If developing that area is not yet approved, it may not be approved because of the environmental impact.  (Not 100% sure what the regulations are).

However, setting that aside - the space is big enough for a stadium... but parking is a LONG way from where the stadium could be.  Now, parking will be all over campus, but there will need to be some "close" parking.

The "Meadows" area is defined as green space for the campus so there would have to be a motion to override building anything in this area.  There should not be an issue with wetlands but a land use changes would be needed before they build.  If I'm voting on on campus stadium vs. some green space - easy vote.  It would be cool to locate the OCS next to the dorm area as it could have a retail complex on the ground level which could be used year round by the students and a great place to hang prior to games.  A 60K horseshoe design that opens up to the campus would be my top pick.

An OCS is 10 years out as we need to renovate / replace the Sun Dome first but having a location and design put together for an OCS would be exciting.  In 10 year RayJay will not be a state of the are facility (like it is today) so it could be good timing for USF.

Archived