• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SuperBull tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

I'm lovin his film and his stats...This kid will most likely redshirt but if we get this kid to eat right and pack on some muscle he'll be disrupting offenses in the BE in no time. From what I've seen so far in this recruiting class is a trend toward quality guys both on and off the field with lots of potential. If Wally Burnham was recruiting him (our former DC) then he's gotta be something special. The only bad part is that we're still a couple months away from Football season....

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

More free pics.

SuperBull - Part 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jefferson WR Andre Davis.

F695233.jpg

http://usf.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=1074&fid=33407

Greg has an article up on BULLock

June 27, 2010

Recruiting: Sebring DE Bullock commits to USF

USF coach Skip Holtz continues to build on his 2011 recruiting class, picking up the Bulls' fifth commitment, from Sebring defensive end/linebacker Zack Bullock.

Bullock, 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, has played mostly at defensive end at Sebring, but could start his Bulls career as a linebacker until he adds more to his frame.

"I think they're going to try to use me as a hybrid, as a third-down pass-rushing defensive end," said Bullock, who said he committed to Bulls coaches nine days ago, two days after getting a scholarship offer.

Bullock chose the Bulls over offers from Iowa State and Western Kentucky, and he's excited about the chance to play college football in a major conference just 90 minutes from home.

"At all the home games, my family gets to come see me play," he said. "And I love the coaching staff. I really wanted to be there. It's big-time Division I football and you're playing in an NFL stadium."

Bullock was recruited to USF by tight ends coach Larry Scott, a Sebring alum who was on the coaching staff before joining the Bulls staff. Bullock said Scott was a "really big influence" in his interest in USF -- Scott's younger brother, LaVaar, who himself played defensive line at Miami, is Sebring's defensive coordinator.

"Zack is great at disrupting and getting to the quarterback -- and teams run away from him, so with him, we can defend one half of the field," LaVaar Scott said. "Everybody's recruiting him as an outside linebacker, but I think he can eventually get to 6-4, 240. He has the frame to be a good defensive end."

Bullock is USF's fifth commitment, along with Punta Gorda receiver Alex Mut, Pahokee safety Rontavious Atkins, Stone Mountain (Ga.) running back Willie Davis and Tallahassee safety Chris Garye Jr.

Posted by Greg Auman at 08:48:43 PM on June 27, 2010

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/06/recruiting-sebring-de-bullock-commits-to-usf.html

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

He does look good in the video -- looks like he needs a dietary plan, strength and conditioning coach and some defensive coaching, but he has some raw talent. He was a consistent pressure threat in the videos.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Are these undiscovered gems USF usually finds hidden around the state? Just wondering because the scouting publications are not ranking them or saying they are 2 star recruits. Only Davis is graded 3 stars.

At this point, no ranking or 2-star generally means they haven't gotten around to evaluating him yet.

Updated: June 28, 2010, 10:54 AM ET

USF attracts area's best to SuperBullEmail Print Comments1  By Jamie Newberg

ESPN Recruiting

TAMPA, Fla. -- In today's college football world, it seems as though every college football program has their one big-time camp. The University of South Florida held its SuperBull camp this past Saturday at Raymond James Stadium.

Skip Holtz is off to a fast start in recruiting the Tampa area.

In attendance were a little over 100 top prospects, many from the Tampa Bay area. New Bulls head coach Skip Holtz was pleased with the turnout.

"There was a lot of talent at this camp and it gave our coaches a lot of time to work one-on-one with a lot of great players," Holtz said. "We have 1.5 hours until the lightning came. There was a lot of energy, excitement and enthusiasm. I love camps like this because it's not drawn out for three or four days. It's one day, on the field, for two hours. The players get the opportunity and the coaches get the opportunity to work together. I really enjoyed it."

Unlike most programs, USF doesn't have a stadium on campus. But the Bulls use that to their advantage because they play close by at a state-of-the-art NFL stadium that has hosted a few Super Bowls for the city of Tampa -- Raymond James stadium.

"This is where we play," Holtz said. "Those kids got to come here and look around and they get to put together the picture of playing seven games [a year] here. They have the opportunity to come here and look around. This place is great; it's hosted Super Bowls. There are a lot of positive things going on here right now and lots of energy and excitement."

Although the third annual SuperBull event was cut short because of lightning, it attracted a number of big-time prospects. Headlining this group were quarterbacks Matt Floyd (Milton/Pensacola, Fla.), Gary Crow (Trinity Catholic/Ocala, Fla.), and Stevie Weatherford (Land O'Lakes, Fla.), wide receivers Marken Michel (American Heritage/Hollywood, Fla.) and Andre Davis (Jefferson Senior/Tampa, Fla.), tight end Brandon Fulse (Ft. Meade, Fla.), offensive lineman Zach DeBell (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) and Tyler Pierson (Countryside/Clearwater, Fla.), defensive linemen Dante Fowler Jr. (St. Petersburg, Catholic/St. Petersburg, Fla.), Lonnie Gosha (Union County/Lake Butler, Fla.), Nile Lawrence-Stample (Nova/Davie, Fla.), and Giovani Francois (Southeast /Bradenton, Fla.), linebackers Ramik Wilson (Jefferson Senior/Tampa, Fl.), Terrance Plummer (Orange Park, Fla.), Cordivido Grice (Pensacola, Fla.) and Gionni Paul (Kathleen/Lakeland, Fla.) and defensive backs Alex Dixon (Countryside, Fla.), Josh Grady (Armwood/Seffner, Fla.) and Louchiez Purifoy (Pine Forest/Pensacola, Fl.).

The quality of prospects at SuperBull shows that the transition from the Jim Leavitt regime to the Holtz regime has been a smooth in terms of recruiting, especially locally. It was an important message to send.

"The [area] coaches have been great, open and receptive," Holtz said. "We are really working locally with the closest 100 schools. The coaches all over the state have been great. I have a great staff that works extremely hard and enjoy recruiting. They are people people and enjoy building relationships.

The transition has been like drinking water through a fire hose. We have to identify sophomores, juniors and freshman, the guys we have to recruit, build our database and keep our eye on."

Holtz knows that this recruiting season will be a much easier go-around because his first class was built with a very short recruiting window.

"We had 10 days to recruit [the 2010 class]. I know it will take us a couple of years to get our feet entrenched in as much as we want to here. We need to know everything about our schools we are recruiting. We are just trying to be positive and work really hard at it.

"We have to change the face of our team. We have some positions I feel good about and positions we need some help. We have to recruit. It's critical to our success. It's our lifeline."

Wilson is a hot prospect

Ramik Wilson has been one of the Tampa Bay area's hottest prospects of late. Willson, 6-foot-3 and 221, is from Tampa Jefferson. Last season, as a junior, he recorded 120 tackles and 14 sacks.

"The camp was good and I had a chance to meet all the people," Wilson said. "I got to spend time with their linebacker coach. It was good."

Wilson has recently camped with Georgia and UCF and both the Dawgs and Knights have extended him an offer.

"Georgia was great," he said. "I went up there and got the offer. I like the coaching staff and the defensive scheme. I like the coaches at UCF. We connected up there."

According to Wilson, he has 20-plus scholarship offers from schools like Georgia, Texas Tech, USF, Cincinnati, Arkansas, and UCF.

"The main thing I am looking at is playing time. I want to contribute as a freshman."

Paul says USF will get an official visit

Three-star prospect Gionni Paul is one of the Sunshine State's top linebackers. Paul, 6-0 and 223 pounds, is from Kathleen High School (Lakeland, Fla.). He attended SuperBull and was impressive.

"I thought it was very good and I did my thing with the linebackers," Paul said. "The drills were great and I love the coaches. The coaches told me to keep working hard and keep my head straight. USF is a beautiful campus and one of the top facilities in America."

According to Paul, he has 30-plus scholarship offers, including one from the Bulls.

"West Virginia, Auburn, USF, Texas Tech, Rutgers, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and others have offered. I have over 30," said Paul. "I need to sit down and talk with my parents. I just want to take it one day at a time. USF will get an official [visit]. Auburn and Tennessee as well."

Monds of offers

Wonderful Monds is a linebacker prospect flying under the radar. Monds, from Ft. Pierce (Fla.) Central, participated at SuperBull and was one of many standout linebackers at this event.

"It was real fun and interesting," Monds said. "This was my third camp and college trip. I knew some of the drills and things to expect so I was prepared well."

Monds enoyed his trip to USF and the city of Tampa.

"I really like everything about USF. I like the defense they run and I like the community."

According to Monds, he now has a trio of scholarship offers.

"Buffalo offered me last week. Youngstown offered me last month, while Kansas offered me after last season.

"I also like Ohio State, Alabama, UCF and USF. Really, I am open to all."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5335458

• Content Count:  1,079

We need to have mr. Wonderful Monds. With a name like that you can't go wrong.

• Content Count:  143

Not going to say who, but someone here mentioned that it was higly likely that USF was going to commit at least a few high rated talents from this past weekend alone, but failed to mention who.  Do you still believe that?  Bullock, hopefully, wasn't what or who you you were leaning on, were you?

Archived