• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PAC-10 To Issue Invites - Is this the beginning of Conference Expansion?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

lots of talk

no walk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://ESPN.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/22838/ohio-state-prez-delany-discussed-texas

I guess ohio state and delany were talking texas.  I have a feeling the dominoes are going to start falling shortly.

texas isnt going anywhere

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

don't know if anybody saw this, but colorado AD says report has some validity

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/03/colorado-ad-says-pac-10-report-has-some-validity-to-it/

I think that was why they were looking at 16 programs if ND wasn't going to be an option. That rumor was floated out there a while ago and quickly faded.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

http://ESPN.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/22838/ohio-state-prez-delany-discussed-texas

I guess ohio state and delany were talking texas.  I have a feeling the dominoes are going to start falling shortly.

you're right texas is not going anywhere.  The state will continue to be in the Union.  Geographically it will be north of mexico, south of Oklahoma, and west of Florida.

• Content Count:  4,501

you're right texas is not going anywhere.  The state will continue to be in the Union.  Geographically it will be north of mexico, south of Oklahoma, and west of Florida.

lol I was  thinking the same.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Hmmm, what if the ACC loses 2-3 to the BigTen and 4 to the SEC?  If they come hat in hand to the intact Big East football schools asking for some kind of merger, I would tell them to drop dead.  Would serve them right.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Hmmm, what if the ACC loses 2-3 to the BigTen and 4 to the SEC?  If they come hat in hand to the intact Big East football schools asking for some kind of merger, I would tell them to drop dead.  Would serve them right.

While I like where your head's at, I don't think the Big East would be in a position to tell them off. The only way I could see the Big East being in the power play situation is if it somehow had more football programs left after expansion.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

We'd have 8 football schools to their 5-6.  But actually, 16-teams strong.  I would most certainly stand with our non-football members in this scenario, with no reason to expand.

• Content Count:  4,501

We'd have 8 football schools to their 5-6.  But actually, 16-teams strong.  I would most certainly stand with our non-football members in this scenario, with no reason to expand.

doc - I would bail as quick as possible and get out from underneath the BB power structure of the BE.  But thats just me.

That won't happen.  The ACC has five AAU members (Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Virginia)  - of them Maryland and Virginia, and maybe Georgia Tech, could add enough cable subscribers to carry their own weight.  Perhaps as much as Syracuse and/or Rutgers.

I don't think the Big Ten will take more than two from the ACC - more likely only one (Maryland).

Archived