• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ex Ole Miss Guard Eniel Polynice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

He's not a point guard. Chris Warren is an all SEC PG for Ole Miss. Polynice can handle the ball, but doesn't have PG passing or handling skills. When Warren tore his ACL 2 seasons ago, Kennedy went with a couple of other guys to run the point, not Polynice.

Having said that, he is a very versatile player. He has a great ability to drive and create a shot. I think he struggled last year for Ole Miss and didn't get a ton of minutes, but on that team, he was kind of out of sorts. They really seem to play a very slow offense and have a small line-up. I think they could be better with Warren at the point if they would push the ball more, he can drive and kick or make his shots, kind of a Jameer Nelson type of guy with a better long range shot and probably better passing skills. But maybe 2 inches shorter than Nelson.

I watched Warren in HS, USF didn't offer him, or he would probably be here, he only wanted "big time" hoops, close to home. Anyway, since I have followed him, I've seen a lot of Ole Miss, and Polynice has been one of my favorite players to watch.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

He's not a point guard. Chris Warren is an all SEC PG for Ole Miss. Polynice can handle the ball, but doesn't have PG passing or handling skills. When Warren tore his ACL 2 seasons ago, Kennedy went with a couple of other guys to run the point, not Polynice.

Having said that, he is a very versatile player. He has a great ability to drive and create a shot. I think he struggled last year for Ole Miss and didn't get a ton of minutes, but on that team, he was kind of out of sorts. They really seem to play a very slow offense and have a small line-up. I think they could be better with Warren at the point if they would push the ball more, he can drive and kick or make his shots, kind of a Jameer Nelson type of guy with a better long range shot and probably better passing skills. But maybe 2 inches shorter than Nelson.

I watched Warren in HS, USF didn't offer him, or he would probably be here, he only wanted "big time" hoops, close to home. Anyway, since I have followed him, I've seen a lot of Ole Miss, and Polynice has been one of my favorite players to watch.

Chris Warren is a 2G trapped in a PG's body. You want him shooting and creating for himself but not trying be a PG which takes away from his offense. Polynice was a 1st team All state PG coming out HS. He led Ole Miss in assist and was 10th in the SEC in asst/turnover ratio this past season playing around 25mins per coming back from knee surgery.  Polynice can play the 1, 2, and 3 which he'll do for us next season.

Ole Miss did win 20 plus games last season but when they did struggle it was because Warren and White were off with their games. They also suffered through injuries and a lack of frontcourt depth.

Also Andy Kennedy would treat you like that cab driver assaulted back in 2008 if you called his offense slow. ;)

Click on the link below to read the article about Polynice wanting to come to USF out of HS but former USF coach Robert McCullum didn't want him.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=20060715&id=6W8fAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MYYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6405,5697132

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Chris Warren is a 2G trapped in a PG's body. You want him shooting and creating for himself but not trying be a PG which takes away from his offense. Polynice was a 1st team All state PG coming out HS. He led Ole Miss in assist and was 10th in the SEC in asst/turnover ratio this past season playing around 25mins per coming back from knee surgery.  Polynice can play the 1, 2, and 3 which he'll do for us next season.

Ole Miss did win 20 plus games last season but when they did struggle it was because Warren and White were off with their games. They also suffered through injuries and a lack of frontcourt depth.

Also Andy Kennedy would treat you like that cab driver assaulted back in 2008 if you called his offense slow. ;)

I can agree with that, just from what I have seen, Polynice is great at driving and dishing, but not a full time ball handler. Warren is a shooter, of course, I am pulling for him, and I know that he plays better and is more effective in a quicker offense. I have dined with Kennedy, I find it hard to believe that the cab driver didn't deserve it.

Polynice would be a great player for us, but I don't think he is a true PG. So, to summarize, if coach Mac had wanted, Polynice and Warren could be wearing the green and gold...awesome.

BUMP! :yeahbaby

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

But I like the pick-up providing Heath can juggle the egos.  There is going to be some apprehension from some of these newbies, since all virtually play the same position and are the same type of players, on how they'll all fit in.  Heath is going to have to be extremely careful that he balances this all well or he could lose the team too.  It's hard to go from just DJ to having 4 to 5 interchangable guys that can play 1-2 or 3.

Was it ever revealed what his suspension was for this last year? All I ever saw was "conduct detrimental to the team" ...

Archived