• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

holtz needs fans patience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry but I know many think I'm way to positive but funny thing is every year I hear how great we are going to be and then we go downhill. I think THE MAIN THING is our O-line is returning and we have a lot of depth there. Then throw in a QB that isn't a freshman and we have a great recipe for a good offense with the right coaches. We have the talent at the skill positions, across the board but you just have to utilize them the correct way. We have some great H-backs and TE's for once and who knows maybe that will give us some support against the big fronts we will face.

As for defense the only really big worry I have is at the DT spot. We are very thin and McClain is NFL potential and Grisssom is pretty solid as well but we need a dominant big guy that can stuff the run and take two lineman on every time. I pray that chandler is it, as for our LB's Barrington is a stud and will be in the NFL, J. Williams did anyone notice how huge he has gotten since last year and then you add his speed(another possible NFL candidate) and S. Joseph who has been solid and can play coverage or the run. Our DE's are all nasty so I won't even go there.

The secondary is the next big question and I think at safety we have more talent than we might have ever had, doesn't mean they are the best but Lejiste, Young and Jenkins all have the talent to go pro. To me Mistral is that amazing player that never gets the credit he deserves, but he will be instrumental. Then corner which is shaky but really not that bad we have another future pro in K. Webster, the question is did he learn enough his freshman year and Que Washington who is an outstanding athlete and I think he is good but not the all BE 1st team player i would hope but hope he proves me wrong, he does have the talent.

But T-REX this kid is going to make waves in my opinion, the kid is solid physically and has the speed to play with anyone, then you add his toughness and ability to tackle and he is going to be a star! Reminds me of a Rhonde Barber but better speed and coverage. The last big question on Defense is the depth and we don't have much which could be a problem.

I think we should be more optimistic about how good we are the only problem is we are playing some really good teams this year in Florida, Miami, Pitt, WV, Cinci, UCONN, who all could or should in the top 25 and Rutgers who I feel is going to surprise a lot of people with how much Savage has matured. Then you have the X-factors in Louisville(Charlie Strong) and Syracuse(Marrone) who are both good coaches and will turn around their teams respectively. So that is six out of 12 teams in the top 25 and possible upsets so 7-5 would be a great season. Although we have talent and coaching now so I wouldn't be surprised if we went 9-4(bowl game).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

nice post capone.  I would agree 100%.  although we are young at some key positions ie... secondary we have loads of talent.  If we go 5-7 like some predict that means we only win the 3 creampuff games, and louisville, cuse.  that means we lose to uconn(home), florida, miami, wvu, cinci, rutgers(home), pitt(home).  with our talent i don't see us losing all these games.  I think this is the year we beat rutgers(geesh), and I don't think we will lose to uconn at home.  wvu and cinci will be a toss up.  that is why I say 7-5 at worst.  if usf can somehow pull of the miracle of all miracles and knock off florida in the swamp we will be 6-0 going into the cinci game, and the sky is the limit. 

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

nice post capone.  I would agree 100%.  although we are young at some key positions ie... secondary we have loads of talent.  If we go 5-7 like some predict that means we only win the 3 creampuff games, and louisville, cuse.  that means we lose to uconn(home), florida, miami, wvu, cinci, rutgers(home), pitt(home).  with our talent i don't see us losing all these games.  I think this is the year we beat rutgers(geesh), and I don't think we will lose to uconn at home.  wvu and cinci will be a toss up.  that is why I say 7-5 at worst.  if usf can somehow pull of the miracle of all miracles and knock off florida in the swamp we will be 6-0 going into the cinci game, and the sky is the limit. 

:cheers

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The same O-line that was crummy on its best day last year is returning and you think that's a positive?

We win the 3 cupcake games at the start of the season.  Play UF close but lose by 10 (Note: The spin here will be "we couldn't get up for USF").  Beat SU and UConn and drop the rest.  I stick to 5-7. 

By game 6 there will be plenty of 'yelling' out the car window from the pedestrian fan base.

Go Bulls!

I think 6-6 is reasonable....we can squeeze out one more BE win than just Cuse and UConn.  In fact, I'd be less confident about UConn than UL this year (although there's no guarantee there either; but they're dealing with a similar situation to us coaching-wise).

I think we're now so used to playing bad/mediocre at best in the Big East that we don't really know what we can expect with this new coaching staff.  Our viewpoint as fans is so skewed by this that any predication anyone throws out is probably as likely as the next.

I say 0-12 or 12-0...somewhere in there.  ;D

Archived