• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Soccer Verbals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is the title that is coming Smazza... we are becoming a power house in that wussy sport! Sorry Mattie Gunz... I know that always offends you!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

This is the title that is coming Smazza... we are becoming a power house in that wussy sport! Sorry Mattie Gunz... I know that always offends you!

Hahahah  I knew that was coming Luke.  Hey at least your true to your beliefs.  

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Wussy sport?  ??? This is obviously coming from a guy who has never coached nor played soccer.  Soccer is an extremely physical game where the athletes must be in top-notch physical condition - unlike some other sports.

Soccer is a highly misunderstood game in this country at this point but I guarantee you that it will not always be that way.  The next generation of children are playing soccer at a larger rate and more often then most of the conventional sports such as baseball and football.  Look for soccer to rise to the surface of sports in this country as that generation gets older.  ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wussy sport?  ??? This is obviously coming from a guy who has never coached nor played soccer.  Soccer is an extremely physical game where the athletes must be in top-notch physical condition - unlike some other sports.

Soccer is a highly misunderstood game in this country at this point but I guarantee you that it will not always be that way.  The next generation of children are playing soccer at a larger rate and more often then most of the conventional sports such as baseball and football.  Look for soccer to rise to the surface of sports in this country as that generation gets older.  ;)

We've heard that for years.  The NASL, agruably the best soccer league ever in America went belly up.  The following of the MLS has waned.  More kids play soccer because it's the easiest sport to understand at a younger age

My brother coaches college soccer... he is the only one in my family that is confused and misunderstood. My brother was getting his National B Card this year in Tampa with about 150 other coaches. None of them had a real clue. It was all a big dog and pony show (I must have heard "cheers" a thousand times in a phony accent they all seemed to have... like they were Scottish or Irish). When I reminded my brother we were white trash, he acted like he came from Europe and had that weakass accent all his life. Then, at the bar, no one could drink American beer... only Guniness. It's quite amusing actually. Can't they create their own tradition here in the US? That OLAY cheer... stupid... and every **** country sings it. Could you imagine us singing the Gators fight song at our game? I'd shoot myself... just like you won't here OLAY out of my mouth... unless I'm propositioning a chick for a meaniful one night relationship.

Guest wildrover

I would say that the reason soccer hasn't yet taken hold yet here in the US is that the soccer haters still hold the purse strings.  We've been hearing that soccer will take off in the US for years and it still hasn't this is true.   I tink it will take a good while longer but if soccer is patient maybe another twenty years I think then maybe the atmosphere will be right for it to really take off.  This is why I think so.  The sports media and those who run the sports industry itself still govern everything that goes on and what is seen in this country regarding sports.  Thos old timers (babyboomers and older) didn't grow up loving soccer the way children do today, they never even knew what it was for that matter.   They grew up loivng baseball, probably because a bunch of out of shape fat white guys could still be all stars, even though they sit down half the game and never break a sweat.  Well look at baseball now, its continually putting patches on the sinking ship but they can't stop the inevitable, they are a dying breed, baseball doesn't move, its boring, its watching two people play catch, I can do that myself, yet they still think its America's pastime.  Fat chance, its going the way of the doo doo in my opinion, at least its place among America's favorite sports is.  The level of baskeball has declined too, people don't want to watch a bunch of thugs right out of highschool play a glorified verision of street ball.  Football seems safe enough but I think the American public will only take just so much of owners holding their town hostage and outlaw players who make millions getting arrested every other week cause they couldn't keep their mouth shut, drugs well hidden or foot off the gas.  

I think my generation generation X is really the first generation to grow up with soccer and we haven't  been in the money making world long enough to garner any sort of power.  We don't have the financial leverage of the dinosaours who still insist that an aging Pedro is worth 54 mill.  But I do think when we do get there in a few years and the second and third generation of American children have grown up with soccer the American public will be sick of watching all our good players head over to Europe, then we'll be able to put soccer firmly in the ground here in the US.  

Sheriff, The reason anybody drinks Guinness over any Macro brewed American Beer is because its better, thats really the only reason you need.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Soccer is a great game that I am just starting to get a real taste of.  Here is an interesting story for anyone who is interested.  My son plays on a local recreational league soccer team whose record was 14-0 and was really unchallenged.  An outside club who wanted to play some indoor soccer invited the top 7 kids from that team and added some other skilled players from around the area to play up near Cleveland in an indoor soccer league.  The team has done very well and beaten all but 1 of the "premier" teams that we have played (and that team won the State Cup last year).  We did this with our $6 tee-shirts, non-matching uniforms, and a team that has never practiced together.  Things went so well that we decided it would be nice to play in a competitive league in the Cleveland area with all the premier teams in the area just to see how we could do.  It would be fun.  The league was contacted and you will never believe what they said.  There response to our request to join the league was that we don't charge our kids enough money to play.  What?  "You mean we can't play in your league because we don't charge our players enough money?".  "Yes, that's right.  This is a premier league and we have to keep out those that don't belong."  Since we have soundly beaten many of the "premier" teams in that league in indoor soccer what he is saying is that those who don't belong are those that don't make enough money.  To me, IMHO, that is unbelievable.  If soccer is like that all the way through then it is no wonder the US soccer is not where it should be by this point.  It is full of politics and controlled by money.  Unfortunate, but true.  Just like somebody posted above, follow the money trail and you will find out which sports are dominating.  It is not for lack of love that soccer is not dominating - it is for lack of money.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Ohio Bull, my competitive team did the same type of thing when i was 16, I am now 22.  We were a team from hernando county and qualified for the Region C premier league which consists mostly of teams from Pinellas, Hillsborough and a team from Sarasota and Lakeland.  It was funny playing in white tees with numbers penned on the back and winning our way into the league at a qualifying tournament.  We did get jerseys after that and our team cost was like 75 bucks for the entire year.  

We beat some pretty good teams during our time together as a team including the Miami Strike Force.  I will never forget when we upset strike force and the look on their coach's face.  All their players were talking sh!t before the game about us being from the middle of nowhere and then we beat them.  Ahh Priceless.  

As for them not allowing you into the league, that is BS.  As long as you can pay the fees for league entry, make the games, and are on a talent level equivalent to the teams in the league they have no basis to not let you guys play.  It sounds like the rich boys from the cleavland area are afraid of losing to some outsiders to me.  I'd be persistent on getting your kids into the league, playing better talent will only help to improve your team.  

As far as Terry knocking soccer as a woosy sport thats just his mentality.  He's a football guy and football is a rougher sport, and also a sport that requires you to wear hug amounts of proctective gear.  He knows that I would slide tackle him if he ever dared dribble past me hahahaa.   I'm not trying to knock on football because I love the game and played it also.    

I'd kick you in the balls Matt if you tried to slide tackle me and then I would steal Jen Sherry from you and sleep with her while you were fiddling with your nut sack!  :o

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

parents of kids tha play soccer like their kids to  play  soccer because  the kids just run and have no contact-no sense of failure like baseball

and no chance to get hurt like football