• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to get more runners on base for Longoria

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How many solo shots has he had?  Not that the Rays are having a lot of trouble scoring runs, but I know Longo has had at least had two straight solo homers. 

This is not meant to pile on Maddon for not playing Crawford the other day, though.  :P

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

should be batting #3

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

he's gotten hits with lots of guys on base....I mean he's a league leader in RBI's.  It's more a case of irony that when he gets his HR's it seems to be in situations when no one is on base.  He has 9 doubles, 2nd most on the team, and I swear every big RBI hit he gets is a base clearing double.  I suppose we can be nitpicky, but if he went all year and hit 35 solo HR's, and 35 base clearing doubles...we could all live with that. ;D

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

greedy

rays are doing fine

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's more a case of irony that when he gets his HR's it seems to be in situations when no one is on base. 

Wasn't meant to be nitpicky ...  the last couple nights not withstanding, I'm happy with Longo's play of late.  The above statement is my sentiment - just think it's crazy that seems like every time he HRs, it's solo.  Ironic was definitely the word I was looking for ... thanks for that.  8-)

Archived