• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bogan excited about senior season with Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Thomasville Times Enterprise

May 1, 2010

Bogan excited about senior season with Bulls

Former Central standout scored 4 TDs in spring game

Clint Thompson

tte2010

THOMASVILLE — A former Thomas County Central standout is ready to have a breakout season on the collegiate level.

A versatile perfomer for the Yellow Jackets, Dontavia Bogan will enter his senior season at the University of South Florida next fall as a starting wide receiver. After an excellent spring under new head coach Skip Holtz, Bogan is excited about his final year with the Bulls.

“I honestly feel like this is my time to shine and show everyone the talents that I have,†Bogan said.

Bogan excelled during South Florida’s spring game a couple of weeks ago. He snagged nine receptions for 228 yards and four touchdowns. Bogan had a reception of 77 yards. It was a game unlike any other for him.

“It was exciting. It was a great memory, something I’ll never forget,†Bogan said. “I’d never had a performance like that in my life.â€

Bogan has 60 career receptions with the Bulls and six touchdowns. He had four scores last year as a junior. Under Holtz, Bogan is expecting to improve upon last year’s 22-catch season.

“Last season, I was getting like, maybe, two or three balls a game. But I had nine catches in the spring game. I wanted to show everybody that once they throw me the ball, this is what I can do with it,†Bogan said. “Me and B.J. (Daniels) were just on the same page. We’re going to continue to work throughout the summer and keep that chemistry going.â€

Bogan’s production should increase because fellow senior A.J. Love has a torn ACL.

Bogan is listed as a starter on the Bulls’ final spring depth chart.

“Now, definitely the pressure is on me,†Bogan said. “I want to step my game up. The young receivers around me have also stepped their game up.

“It’s totally different from the offense last year. I feel like we’re more explosive this year than we’ve ever been at this school (since I’ve been here),†Bogan added.

Link

• Content Count:  1,797

It's great getting Bulls love in Thomasville, GA which is a huge prep football town.  With Reshard Cliett coming in, we should continue to get pub there.  Good area for us to recruit.

Normal

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's great getting Bulls love in Thomasville, GA which is a huge prep football town.  With Reshard Cliett coming in, we should continue to get pub there.  Good area for us to recruit.

Normal

Considering our need at WR, I wonder if FCSH will move Cliett there this year. He's about 6'3, 195 lbs and runs a 4.4. I know he was brought in as a safety or even a possible future LB, but I think he could be a very good WR. Whatever position he plays, I expect he will end up being a starter at some point. 

• Content Count:  178

I can't believe how thin we are at QB and WR. Sad to see AJ Love go down. He was quality. We're going to need some guys to step up - not sure who it will be.

• Content Count:  849

Normal

Considering our need at WR, I wonder if FCSH will move Cliett there this year. He's about 6'3, 195 lbs and runs a 4.4. I know he was brought in as a safety or even a possible future LB, but I think he could be a very good WR. Whatever position he plays, I expect he will end up being a starter at some point.   

I talked to someone very close to him, he runs between 4.5-4.52 not 4.4....i'm sure he could crack the range but a big difference....

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Normal

I talked to someone very close to him, he runs between 4.5-4.52 not 4.4....i'm sure he could crack the range but a big difference....

Well, he runs under 11 seconds in track, so he should be somewhere in the 4.4 - 4.5 range. I don't think we have any tall receivers who are faster than him at the moment.

http://ga.milesplit.us/athletes/317971/stats

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Bogan went from being one of 5 or 6 WR targets to being almost the main and only target. He should see some bloated numbers this season. In the grand scheme of things, he may benefit the most from the change in coaching staff.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need a big year from Bogan.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I can't believe how thin we are at QB and WR. Sad to see AJ Love go down. He was quality. We're going to need some guys to step up - not sure who it will be.

but we have more than 10 rbs

cant blame holtz

bogan should have monster year

Archived