• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many years before we win the Big East under Holtz?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

My expectation is the same as the team...  BCS or bust.  Skip has a proven history of coaching overachievers and I expect the same this year. The difference is he has much more talent around him here. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501

My expectation is the same as the team...  BCS or bust.  Skip has a proven history of coaching overachievers and I expect the same this year. The difference is he has much more talent around him here. 

More talent ?  You do know he had the current NFL rushing leader on his team at ECU ?

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

More talent ?  You do know he had the current NFL rushing leader on his team at ECU ?

Oh, I hadn't one player made up an overall team's talent.

D'oh!

;)

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

2012. I think USF will win it in his 3rd year. I love Skip Holtz and have no doubt he is going to do big things.

- This year is up for grabs with WVU, Pitt and Cincy being favored but UCONN, RU, and USF are definately in contention.

- 2011 is UC's year and I am not trying to be a major homer but it is. They don't lose anyone. Sounds homerish but they will be Top 5 in 2011.

-2012 is USF. They will be locked and loaded and will be ready to go.

Right now WVU, Cincy and Pitt are the face but Rutgers and USF are coming up. I like USF much more than RU now. Wont be long...

i'd agree. Collaros(SP) is better than Pike.

D'oh!

;)

In C-USA it can.  Another example would be look how good UCF was with Kevin Smith.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

D'oh!

;)

In C-USA it can.  Another example would be look how good UCF was with Kevin Smith.

That's fine. One very talented player can carry a team in C-USA. That doesn't mean they're more talented than a more balanced team in another conference as he was trying to state. The OP said Skip has "much more talent" on USF than he did at ECU, and that's a true statement. Of course, at ECU he had the singularly most talented player but his USF squad will be a great deal more talented.

D'oh!

;)

That's fine. One very talented player can carry a team in C-USA. That doesn't mean they're more talented than a more balanced team in another conference as he was trying to state. The OP said Skip has "much more talent" on USF than he did at ECU, and that's a true statement. Of course, at ECU he had the singularly most talented player but his USF squad will be a great deal more talented.

Your right Great 8.  I just don't think ECU was exactley the bottom of the barrell - they had alot of very good players.  I would hope that USF overall has more talent.

Archived