• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 Dolphins Draft thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

For those fellow Miami Dolphins fans out there I figured I'd slap this thread on the pen...

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'm okay with the DT from Penn State. Seems like a fairly talented big body, and he looked mean as hell on film. Also hopig we can pick up Mays or Allen at 40 or Sergio Kindle, but I doubt he'd be there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I am not a fan of the pick. I really wanted Hughes. The DT we selected is not big enough to play DT in the 3-4 and projects as a DE.

With #40 I want either Cody, Allen, Kindle, or the ASU TE

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

parcells knows what he is doing

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I am not a fan of the pick. I really wanted Hughes. The DT we selected is not big enough to play DT in the 3-4 and projects as a DE.

With #40 I want either Cody, Allen, Kindle, or the ASU TE

100% agreed.  I figured it would have been Kindle or Hughes there with me favoring Hughes.  The night started off great by trading back and getting a high second rounder and then we go and make a decision like that.  He's prolly the best 3-4 end in the draft but i felt that OLB and NT were much bigger needs. 

I hope kindle falls to us and we can nab him and then hopefully Cam Thomas will still be on the board when we pick in the 3rd round.  I like Cam Thomas more than Cody for the record. 

Really like the Misi pick but im not happy with taking Jerry in the 3rd.  Everything i have read about him makes him come off as a soft guy without a mean streak, and i was never impressed when i saw him play OT in a few Ole Miss games this season.  Seemed to be more of a leaner than a guy who really drives his feet and looks to finish blocks.  He's a huge dude but we need to find a way to light a fire under him and really use that size to dominate and finish blocks.  This draft has been up and down for me so far. 

I'm pretty sure Jerry got drafted as a guard and not a tackle, which requires less mobility. From what I've read, he sounds like a pass blocker and nothing more, maybe Sporanno can fix that, maybe not, but thats what you get in the 3rd round. I'm fine with Misi after I heard Kindle has a lengthy injury history, hence why he fell so far.

Today I'm hoping for a NT (Cam Thomas maybe), a DB and possibly a WR/TE.

I'm pretty sure Jerry got drafted as a guard and not a tackle, which requires less mobility. From what I've read, he sounds like a pass blocker and nothing more, maybe Sporanno can fix that, maybe not, but thats what you get in the 3rd round. I'm fine with Misi after I heard Kindle has a lengthy injury history, hence why he fell so far.

Today I'm hoping for a NT (Cam Thomas maybe), a DB and possibly a WR/TE.

Yeah i heard he's gunna be switched to guard too he just didn't look like he had a mean streak the times i saw him play at ole miss.  Hopefully Tony and crew can figure out how to flip that switch and make him use that big body of his to finish blocks and be a road grader type.  I a huge Cam thomas fan and would do backflips if we took him today......

How many OLBs do we really need? The Dolphins drafted 3 so far.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

How many OLBs do we really need? The Dolphins drafted 3 so far.

one of them projects as a ILB. And the OLB from Iowa is great in coverage. Which was a need, we were terrible last year covering the TE's.

I LOVE the Rashad Jones pick.

Archived