• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 College Football Teams Likely To Slide in 2010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

1) Bleacher report is not a very credible source.

2) What is that guy insinuating about the change at head coach? Is he suggesting that players are not on-board with Holtz and are still loyal to Leavitt? That's just idiotic.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Hard to argue with what they said, though.  New coaches usually struggle until they figure out what tehy have got.  Plus, look at our schedule.  It is not hard to see us with only 5 - 7 wins on the season. 

add in our decimation of loss of players on defense, and it is a stronger argument.

Two years from now, we will do great.

If we win 7 or 8 games this year, and get a shot at a bowl, I'd consider it a huge success for Hotz's first year. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

1. Why do we have to totally eliminate all that is cjl?

2. When you lose a lot of players off of a unit it's not always a bad thing. There were times when we couldn't stop anyone. Maybe the D coaches will stop the run.

3. Schedule? Don't we play the BE schedule? Look at it carefully: Stony Brook (W), uf (L), WKU (W), FAU (W), Cuse (W), WVU (L?), UC (L?), RU (?), UL (?), Pitt (L), UM (L), Uconn (W?). So, if you add it up; 4 most likely W's, 3 most likely L's, and 5 toss ups.

I just don't buy the whole, woa our schedule is brutal. Yes, we play uf and UM on the road, but we counter those with SB, and WKU at home. The rest is the BE schedule. I think that we'll do better against conference teams, based on the belief that many of them seemed to know our O and D schemes.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I suspect South Florida will continue to be good, but this year may mean a few extra losses as they look to find their way under new leadership.

That is a complete contradiction! How can we continue to be GOOD and yet have a few extra losses? Is a 7-5 regular season record considered GOOD?!? We were just bowl eligible......we went to the now defunct International Bowl....I guess he assumes that we will not be bowl eligible and I guess that is technically a step back but then we will not "Continue to be Good". Moronic

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

On the plus side.... Were being listed up there with some pretty **** good schools

• Content Count:  743

While I don't think he worded it right the truth is that until the first few games none of us have any clue what kind of product we're going to have on the field this year.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Look at it this way, we could loose to UF, UM and tie for the conference championship (let's say one or two losses) but still go to a BCS bowl since we haven't been to one. With so much parity in the BE anything can happen.

• Content Count:  771

While I don't think he worded it right the truth is that until the first few games none of us have any clue what kind of product we're going to have on the field this year.

we will find out on 9/11 what kind of talent we have, and how much better last years young players are.

• Content Count:  1,985

Fact is, until we start the season we have no clue what to expect this year.  Was our defense really that good and the offneses we met that much better?  How will the team respond to a new system?  Did CSH get the type player he wanted in recruiting this year? and which of them will play? Who will be injured, always happens, who will lose academic eligiblity? always happens, who will get arrested? always happens, and who will come from totally off the radar to light up the NCAA with some stat that gets us notoriaty?  always happens.

I love talking about all this, but until the whistle blows and we play another team we have no clue what will happen.

Archived