• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bill Modified

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I like it better on top.  USF, FSU and UF are the three major public research universities in Florida with the highest Carnegie classification...UCF, FGCU, FIU, UNF, etc. have different missions.

UNF has one of the best business programs in the state.

FSU has the best music and law.

USF has great accounting, robotic engineering, and medical prgrams.

UCF has great engineering.

The point is that each state school specializes in different things.  Is it right that because of state law UF or USF has a first choice at a project or grant when UCF is a much better choice.

Look at it this way; what if UCF got the flagship status over USF, and because of it got funding for cancer research at their new medical school, despite the fact USF has a more experienced medical program and has direct connections to the Moffitt Cancer Center.

Rather than promote a select few, the state should work on making the 11 state universities  the best possible in certain areas, rather than having a medical school at every one of them.  Create a strong system of universities to then make all of them stronger universities.

are you kidding

the only thing that matters is ATHLETICS

You're right; universities were created for amateur athletics. Education just happened to be a secondary thing that developed.  ::)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

dont be hypocrites

the designation is to arbitrary and capricous

How so?  I'd like your explanation "great and powerful" smazz. 

In academic circles, the Carnegie raties are really important, and for the state legislature to call out and allow for those schools with the highest designation by Carnegie to be able to receive funding/attention/special consideration by the state as a result of their achievements, does not sound like anything "arbitrary" to me.

I would like to see you critically debate this and offer some form of dialog on this, assuming you can and this was not just another wild arsed opinion from you on yet another topic you are not knowledgeable on.

the state is designating it's own schools as the greatest which in an of itself insane

it is like me DESIGNATING ME AS THE GREATEST TRIAL LAWYER IN THE WORLD

if usf wasnt included most of you,including  YOU ,would be screaming and ranting

since we are including it is fine

cant explain it any better

I agree

• Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

As long as USF is included Im all for it. Time to start distancing ourselves from those in steerage

Archived