• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs fans are a joke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip there is no doubt that fans of most pro Florida teams absolutely suck when it comes to attendance. The Jags are front and center, but let's not act like Tampa fans show during the lean years, because unlike Seattle, they haven't

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

Trip there is no doubt that fans of most pro Florida teams absolutely suck when it comes to attendance. The Jags are front and center, but let's not act like Tampa fans show during the lean years, because unlike Seattle, they haven't

There were teams all over the country last year that struggled with attendance.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You're right. But let's not act like Tampa area sports have been known to fill the venue.

Bucs attendance finally took a turn for the worse the last 3 years because the 10 year seat license fee had expired and people have started to drop their tickets as a result.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

You're right. But let's not act like Tampa area sports have been known to fill the venue.

they are in denial.  its very obvious Tampa area does not support its sports teams when they arent winning and in the Rays case, winning or losing.

they are in denial.  its very obvious Tampa area does not support its sports teams when they arent winning and in the Rays case, winning or losing.

Attendance doesn't equate to supporting a team.  Look, if I have an extra 100 bucks to take my family to dinner and a movie or go to a bucs game in which i know the team is terrible, I'd choose the dinner and movie because i know that my money will be spent on something enjoyable.  Why spend 100s of dollars to watch the bucs get blown out?  It doesnt mean I'm not a fan because I don't want to see a team in person.

It's like that all over the country too, was Ford field filled up for lions games last year?

• Content Count:  12,293

trip, the way the fans react is just the annoying part.  I kinda get an enjoyment of not seeing the Busch light crew in Pueter at my bar on Sundays.  But the Steelers congo line is there no matter the good and the bad.  The screaming idiotic Jets fans yelling J-E-T-S will be there when they suck (as a fan I never did this, just like i refuse to shoot the Bulls horn) But, Bucs fans disappear, maybe not ALL but def. a noticeable amount.  The smart ones with pride stick around, thats admirable.  You cant deny Tampa being one of the biggest fairweather city teams ever.  Only argument you can make is the opposite with the Rays no attendance when theyre good.  Maybe Tampa is just not sports fans at all.  Great place to live, horrible place for professional sports.  I always say I go to more Rays games than most Rays fans. 

the problem is...you LIVE in tampa.  you see all the bandwagon fans.  if you were in pittsburg you would see fans who were only around when the team was doing good.  you would also see fans who stuck around too.

but Tampa is also (well the state of florida for that matter) is a STATE FULL of Transplants.  if you look at the number of people who live in florida that are from the Pittsburg area or the New York area it is A LOT more then the about of people from the Tampa area who live in Pittsburg or New York.

There are PLENTY of diehard Bucs fans.  but they refuse to give the Glazers more money.  bottom line.

spin it however you want but you cant compare transplant fans in florida to casual fans in florida.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

trip, the way the fans react is just the annoying part.  I kinda get an enjoyment of not seeing the Busch light crew in Pueter at my bar on Sundays.  But the Steelers congo line is there no matter the good and the bad.  The screaming idiotic Jets fans yelling J-E-T-S will be there when they suck (as a fan I never did this, just like i refuse to shoot the Bulls horn) But, Bucs fans disappear, maybe not ALL but def. a noticeable amount.  The smart ones with pride stick around, thats admirable.  You cant deny Tampa being one of the biggest fairweather city teams ever.  Only argument you can make is the opposite with the Rays no attendance when theyre good.  Maybe Tampa is just not sports fans at all.  Great place to live, horrible place for professional sports.  I always say I go to more Rays games than most Rays fans. 

the problem is...you LIVE in tampa.  you see all the bandwagon fans.  if you were in pittsburg you would see fans who were only around when the team was doing good.  you would also see fans who stuck around too.

but Tampa is also (well the state of florida for that matter) is a STATE FULL of Transplants.  if you look at the number of people who live in florida that are from the Pittsburg area or the New York area it is A LOT more then the about of people from the Tampa area who live in Pittsburg or New York.

That's really it in a nutshell ... Look at the top 3 cities villified for their bandwagoning fans... Miami, Atlanta and Tampa, all 3 are relocation havens.

That's really it in a nutshell ... Look at the top 3 cities villified for their bandwagoning fans... Miami, Atlanta and Tampa, all 3 are relocation havens.

Because in those cities many transplants make the switch to the local team once their own team starts to suck.  So don't call the city bandwagon fans.  Call the transplants bandwagon fans.

• Content Count:  4,078

The bucs suck

Thank you Captain Obvious, we know they suck.  They were almost as bad as the 1-15 dolphins a few years ago.

That comment reminded me of when I went to the Bucs and Redskins game last year.  Redskins fans kept telling me the Bucs sucked, as if I didn't know.  Is that supposed to make me take off my Ronde Barber jersey and go home?

I am not really a Bucs fan but found this to be hilarious. Like the Redskins have been good the last few years. :D I guess he could have said that they suck less. :D

• Content Count:  3,084

if you look at the number of people who live in florida that are from the Pittsburg area or the New York area it is A LOT more then the about of people from the Tampa area who live in Pittsburg or New York.

I cant speak for Pittsburgh but most people from NY move here to retire.  Then you have people like me who move here for college and like easy girls, then you have younger people who followed their retired families.  People from Florida dont move to NY because its too cold and way tougher and faster pace of life.  But being from NY I can tell you a lot of the kids I hung out with parents werent from there.  people go to NY for $$$. No one in Manhattan (you know that big city) is from NY.  Maybe they all are in the other 4 boroughs and Long Island, but not there.  I will tell you that when you move to NY you become a fan of the sports teams because its marketed right and you want to be a part of it. 

I like and follow the Rays because the style of play and their front office.  But marketing that team is a failure, when I go to the games I feel like Im in the library.  The worst place out of about 15 places Ive been to watch a basbeall game, all to do with scenery, crowd, stadium, etc.  As for the Bucs, there is nothing to like about the Bucs....ever. 

ps i lived in NY, i never saw bangwagon fans.  In fact when teams play bad they talk about them in the papers and radio more.  We arent sensitive. 

Archived