• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs fans are a joke

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

OK, as some know I'm not a HUGE Pro sports fan. But the bashing of Bucs fans is complete and total ********. I challenge anyone to name another city close to the size of the Bay Area that would put as many asses in the seats as we did when they KNEW that the team would lose AT LEAST 10 GAMES. From 83 to 94 at least 10 losses. I had an argument with a skankerella from Jax about attendance, she said that in Jax they'd never stop supporting their team. Look now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

OK, as some know I'm not a HUGE Pro sports fan. But the bashing of Bucs fans is complete and total ********. I challenge anyone to name another city close to the size of the Bay Area that would put as many asses in the seats as we did when they KNEW that the team would lose AT LEAST 10 GAMES. From 83 to 94 at least 10 losses. I had an argument with a skankerella from Jax about attendance, she said that in Jax they'd never stop supporting their team. Look now.

Bucs fans only come out when the team is winning

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Your appearance in this thread is a joke ..... and BBM's point about the attendance from 83-94 was dead on. If those teams were in Miami, you would have had 4 figure attendance.

REALLY??, REALLY??

You want to know sometheing funny? Miami's attendance records are not available on ESPN from 2001 to 2006. I wonder why? Could it be, that when the "fans" knew the team would suck, that NO ONE showed up??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

You want to know sometheing funny? Miami's attendance records are not available on ESPN from 2001 to 2006. I wonder why? Could it be, that when the "fans" knew the team would suck, that NO ONE showed up??

Come on, man .... Miami fans are great!

1379723371_60a1aa76fa.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

The Bucs have never beaten us in attendance, even the year we went 1-15

Do you really want to go with gross attendance numbers, or real attendance percentage of area reisdents? It's natural that a city/area like Miami/dade, broward, Palm Beach etc...would have more gross attendance than Hillsborough. Pinellas, Pasco etc... I bet that New York and Chicago had great attendance numbers as well. Imagine that.

BTW, would you care to share the database from which you pulled the numbers?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

if you look at the number of people who live in florida that are from the Pittsburg area or the New York area it is A LOT more then the about of people from the Tampa area who live in Pittsburg or New York.

I cant speak for Pittsburgh but most people from NY move here to retire.  Then you have people like me who move here for college and like easy girls, then you have younger people who followed their retired families.  People from Florida dont move to NY because its too cold and way tougher and faster pace of life.  But being from NY I can tell you a lot of the kids I hung out with parents werent from there.  people go to NY for $$$. No one in Manhattan (you know that big city) is from NY.  Maybe they all are in the other 4 boroughs and Long Island, but not there.  I will tell you that when you move to NY you become a fan of the sports teams because its marketed right and you want to be a part of it. 

I like and follow the Rays because the style of play and their front office.  But marketing that team is a failure, when I go to the games I feel like Im in the library.  The worst place out of about 15 places Ive been to watch a basbeall game, all to do with scenery, crowd, stadium, etc.  As for the Bucs, there is nothing to like about the Bucs....ever. 

ps i lived in NY, i never saw bangwagon fans.  In fact when teams play bad they talk about them in the papers and radio more.  We arent sensitive. 

don't even begin to compare new york sports teams to tampa teams.

new york:

1. more tradition

2. older teams

3. greater population

4. less transplants

5. more money to go to games

it's a pointless comparison

Archived