• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Basketball was very over rated this year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

The Big East WAS over rated THIS year.  If you are the most powerful conference "Top to Bottom" as the announcers like to say, you shouldn't have all your post season eligible teams, except 3, out in the first 2 rounds.  And we still have 1/2 of the second round to go today.  (I've stopped following the NIT when USF lost so I have no idea if any BE teams are left in that tournament).  To say that our 3 best teams are still in the tournament - well - lets wait until the end of the day today.  That could change.  I doubt it.  They should win.

You Big East lovers, how many games did you watch this year?  From mid January on I recorded and watched all that were on TV.  Big East teams just don't shoot the ball well - overall.  Providence plays no D but can score.  Villanova stopped shooting the ball in mid Feb.  Syracuse shoots pretty well but Rautins is struggling lately.  But the rest are real spotty.

Go back and look at the scores from the Big East games.  Way too many games in the mid 50's.  It isn't because of all the great defense.

A middle of the pack BE team, USF, loses at home to a middle of the pack ACC team, NC State.  Lots of other examples in the NCAA tournament.  How 'Nova got a 2 seed is beyond me.  And I've been a 'Nova basketball fan all my life.  But the last month they just weren't any good.

Many times the BE is the best conference, just not too sure this year it was.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east laid an egg inpostseason

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Final four were West Virginia (Big East), Duke (ACC), Michigan State (Big 10), Butler (Horizon).

What happened to the Big 12; Kansas, Texas, Kansas State?

What about Kentucky and the SEC?

Teams play the game, not conferences.  This whole tournament was topsy turvy, as evident by a Duke-Butler final.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Big 12 was overrated.  Big East is the best bball conf in america its the way of the NCAA crazy things happen. Big 12 is still a great conf and so is the Big East.

big 12 was the best including post season play

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Big 12 was overrated.  Big East is the best bball conf in america its the way of the NCAA crazy things happen. Big 12 is still a great conf and so is the Big East.

big 12 was the best including post season play

And that's why none of them made the Final 4.

Archived