• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One and done in the NIT..how do you feel?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I feel disappointed for these reasons:

1. The number of fans that showed up was disappointing (but the small crowd was loud at times).

NIT attendance sucks everywhere. We had 3,500 something. Seton Hall had 1,800; UNC had 6,800; UConn had 5,571, and Arizona State had 2,968.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

at least Fitzpatrick played defense and rebounded.  Famous did neither.  If I watched his sorry arse allow another guy that gives up 4+ inches to him back him down in the low post and then take it up on him and get points I was going to throw up.  Did you see how Fitz defended Smith and got him fouled out with 2minutes left.  Famous refuses to play defense and rebound like that.  He was the tallest guy on the court and countless times was not ready for the second chance rebounds, never bothered or challenged their interior guys moving them from the post.  He's soft as butter that's been left on the counter all day.  At least Gilchrist goes after the blocks, and rebounds.  Famous' blocking numbers are pathetic for a 6-11/7fter.

We lost tonight because we didn't alter anything NCST wanted to do on offense.  They moved the ball in constantly to Smith and Famous got worked by him and allowed him time to get the ball where he wanted, settle for the shot or pass, and then out rebound him on misses.

Famous does not give me hope for next year especially if DJ departs.  We'll struggle inside and out to get rebounds and points.  If Famous doesn't get better on defense, blocking shots, and rebounds then watch him sit for Fitz and Anderson who at least want to rebound and play defense.  We'll be forced to give up more scoring for at least better defense, and rebounding which will only make matters worse.

Aside from trying to get lucky in recruiting in the late signing period, our only other chance for a strong 10-11 season would be if Famous grew some balls, and decided to play real defense and want to go after the rebound.  Although the rumor is he doesn't like doing either.  

^^^^^^^^^^This Here^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Re: Jones needs a year

it's obvious not many of you follow the NBA.

First (and you don't have to follow the NBA to know this) Dojo is a projected first rounder by a couple sites right now.

Second, the NBA drafts more on potential than the NFL. If a late first round team sees a player they think they can throw on the bench for a couple years while he rounds his game out, they'll do it. A good example of this was with Shannon Brown and the Lakers.

Second, unlike the NFL a potential 1st/2nd rounder doesn't drop to the 4thor power with a bad year. One bad year and you're done, guarenteeing a spot in Europe.

Third, you think a twenty something kid really cars if that contract isn't guarenteed? They all think they're so good they'll still make the roster, and truthfully the number of second rounders from American colleges that get cut 3 months after being drafted are very low.

I guess this is my roundabout way of saying. Dojo's gone. We've got a good base to build on, while we might take a step back next year I trust this staff is heading the right way.

• Content Count:  6,502

The dream is over........ :-[ :-[ :-[

• Content Count:  151

I would love to see USF invest the $15-$20K it would take to send Fitzpatrick, Famous, and Gilchrist to the Pete Newell Big Man Camp over the summer. (Newell has passed on but he made the camp his legacy, and even without him there I would guess it's as good as it ever was.) They all need a lot of work near the basket, and certainly one of them would improve enough that it would make the investment worth it.

How about take them to any elementary in Hillsborough County to learn the basics of making a free throw. That is free!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

:(

great and you?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i know no one expected us to be in the NIT this year

That isn't necessarily true. There were a good number of use who saw this team being capable of going to the NIT. The thing that surprised me was that we were knocking on the NCAA Tournament door late into the season.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The dream is over........ :-[ :-[ :-[

really

i think the dream is still alive

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This was an awesome, awesome, AWESOME season, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about USF basketball. If Jones comes back and the team goes one-and-done in the NIT next year, MAYBE it will be disappointing, but not this year. This year was fantastic, every bit of it.

• Content Count:  509

This was an awesome, awesome, AWESOME season, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about USF basketball. If Jones comes back and the team goes one-and-done in the NIT next year, MAYBE it will be disappointing, but not this year. This year was fantastic, every bit of it.

Agreed that it was a good year. A 20-13 record; wins against Seton Hall, UConn, Pitt, Georgetown, Cincy, 10-10 in the Big East including tournament games,...

But still very disappointed with the manner we lost last night.We didn't finish strong. I'm still waiting for the year that USF can finish a season. Also so many questions still lingering for next year. If we lose Dominique Jones and we aren't able to get a top recruit who can score, I don't see where the scoring comes from, and am not very optimistic of us doing well next year.

Now if Dojo comes back a totally different story....

Archived